Sign in to follow this  
Karel Gerritse

Loading flight + 10 minutes

Hey, since a couple of months I fly with P3dv4, therefore with v3, and since a time, and I think when I changed from v3 to v4, starting up a flight takes sometimes more than 10 minutes. Loading goes normal until at around 75-85%, when he is loading scenery. I've searched around the forum here and I can't find something similar, so if such a topic already excist, please let me know.

Comp stats:

Asus Z97-K

i7-4790K

MSI GTX 960 4GB

Kingston HyperX ddr3 1866

Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB (here is only windows & p3d (which is all together around 90 gb))

WD 1TB (rest)

Thanks for the help in advance.

You forgot to mention the most important part.

What kind of scenery addons do you have? What kind of aircraft are you loading?

Funny you should ask this ... I've ran into this issue a few times but for very different reasons:

1.  I was running Intel's Turbo Boost Max driver and it seemed to conflict with my BIOS/UEFI settings.  I initially solved this by disabling Intel's Turbo Boost Max driving (can do this via Systray, right click TBM icon and select disable).  After a few weeks ASUS released a BIOS/UEFI that fixed the conflict with Intel's TBM so I could re-enable TBM.

2.  More recently, I renamed these 4 files to .OFF:

3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL 
3D_Light_NEW_SDN4.BGL
Orbx_StreetLightV_NA.BGL
Orbx_StreetLightV_Nguid.BGL 

This seemed to cause problems during loading and I'm not exactly sure why ... perhaps missing referenced triggered some additional layer logic/code and/or exception code processing?

3.  TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 in the Prepar3D.cfg ... this will increase loads times considerably but it is "normal" to see this increase as it forces much higher LOD and they take longer to load and sort out.

4.  A 3rd party add-on may have triggered some additional loading logic in P3D V4.x.  Suggest you disable (Uncheck) scenery library entries of any recent 3rd party add-ons you've installed and see if the issue is caused by a specific add-on.  I'd start by disabling NL2000 in the scenery library (or via Add-Ons management).

Cheers, Rob.