Sign in to follow this  
slimfly

P3Dv4.1 - Endless gear-down sound

Every time I lower the landing gear with LM 4.1 I'm getting the usual rumbling sound - the problem is that the sound never stops!
Is this a known issue? Any fix?   

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

16 hours ago, slimfly said:

Every time I lower the landing gear with LM 4.1 I'm getting the usual rumbling sound - the problem is that the sound never stops!
Is this a known issue? Any fix?   

I have the same feeling, but I'm not sure whether it is the sound of the gear extending or the sound of the extended gear in the wind that makes that noise.

Some sounds get stuck... press the Q key twice to unstick them.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok, thanks Dan.

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

21 hours ago, downscc said:

Some sounds get stuck... press the Q key twice to unstick them.

Hmmm...in this case this trick wont work. 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

5 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

??

Are you using it, or no? It may not have been phrased in the form of a full sentence, but I think the question itself was quite clear. A simple yes or no would've sufficed, even if you clarified with "I'm not sure if you're asking if I'm using FSUIPC or not, but yes" (or no, as appropriate). Simply typing two question marks is about as effective as not even answering, and is therefore a wasted exchange, in a medium that is already pretty slow.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Are you using it, or no? It may not have been phrased in the form of a full sentence, but I think the question itself was quite clear. A simple yes or no would've sufficed, even if you clarified with "I'm not sure if you're asking if I'm using FSUIPC or not, but yes" (or no, as appropriate). Simply typing two question marks is about as effective as not even answering, and is therefore a wasted exchange, in a medium that is already pretty slow.

From your post "FSUIPC?" I could not deduce your intended question, sorry. I thought that you positively need FSUIPC to have the 777 functioning, so this interpretation was not very apparent to me.

Yes, I use FSUIPC, the registered version.

1 minute ago, CaptainLars said:

Yes, I use FSUIPC, the registered version.

Remove the FSUIPC.ini from the modules folder temporarily and check to see if the issue resolves.

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Remove the FSUIPC.ini from the modules folder temporarily and check to see if the issue resolves.

OK, I will try that!

7 minutes ago, CaptainLars said:

OK, I will try that!

Cool - let us know how it goes. If it's not that, then it may be a panel state issue, but we'll cross those bridges as we get to them.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, I just did some testing with a "clean" FSUIPC.ini and compared it to my own ini.file.
In order to do the test for clearer hearing I switched off the packs. 
The result of the sound theme is the same for both ini. versions.

The problem is with PMDG. The "roll" sound from the landing gear do actually stop - however the sound of the gears wind resistance that takes over just afterwards is way too loud and almost in the same frequency as the lowering gear sound. Therefore the two different sounds simply melts into one, leading to the wrong impression that the gear sound goes on for ever.    

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

On 7.12.2017 at 8:06 PM, slimfly said:

Okay, I just did some testing with a "clean" FSUIPC.ini and compared it to my own ini.file.
In order to do the test for clearer hearing I switched off the packs. 
The result of the sound theme is the same for both ini. versions.

The problem is with PMDG. The "roll" sound from the landing gear do actually stop - however the sound of the gears wind resistance that takes over just afterwards is way too loud and almost in the same frequency as the lowering gear sound. Therefore the two different sounds simply melts into one, leading to the wrong impression that the gear sound goes on for ever.    

Thank you for testing it out. I also think it's supposed to be the "wind on gear strut" what we hear which *seems* to be quite loud. I have zero experience though how loud it is in reality. We can btw adjust different sound levels in the menu (CDU).