Sign in to follow this  
belamber

Orbx KMRY and P3D KMRZ identical positions

I have a fresh install of P3D v4.1 and have just finished reinstalling all my Orbx scenery.  I wanted to check out my new Monterey Regional airport (KMRY) so loaded the sim there.  I then Regenerated Airport Data in ChasePlane 0.3.70beta.  Going back to presets I could only see KMRZ (Monterey Peninsula Aero Club) in the Static list within 5nm.  I could not fine KMRY no matter how far out I went.  I looked at the data files generated by ChasePlane and found both airports in "+36-122".  The interesting thing is they both had the exact same positional data.

"i": "KMRZ",
    "n": "Monterey Peninsula Aero Club",
    "y": 36.586999967694283,
    "x": -121.84294447302818,
    "z": 62.484,

"i": "KMRY",
    "n": "Monterey Peninsula",
    "y": 36.586999967694283,
    "x": -121.84294447302818,
    "z": 62.484,

When I moved KMRY above KMRZ, it appeared in the static list and KMRY disappeared.  It seems ChasePlane doesn't handle positional conflicts and the last one loaded is the one used.

Hey,

We made it that way to prevent dummy airports from showing. Some developers will create dummy airports to go around issues of the platform and aren't meant to be shown.

The solution would be to go in the BGL and change the location of the airport by a digit, move the desired airport above the other one in the scenery library or change a digit in the +36-122 file.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes, indeed, going into the +36-122 file does fix the problem.  In the scenery library, I believe the ORBX airport is already above the default P3D airport.  Maybe this is why the ORBX airport comes before the P3D airport in the +36-122 file, it gets scanned first.  However, since they have the same position, the last airport scanned gets used. Sticky situation.  I guess right now the only solution is to change the BGL file.  Changes to the +36-122 file will get overwritten when a rescan is done.  Will this be the case for all 3rd party airports that replace default airports (i.e. I also have KSFOHD from Flightbeam)?

The same concept applies to the entire scenery library.

Default sceneries are scanned first, then add-ons replace the relevent entries and add new ones.

To prevent dummy airports from showing, the last airport scanned will be shown in the list.

Can you send the entire block with taxiways and runways? I will check the algorithm to see if I can improve this...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

YOu should be able to see it in the list now. I changed a few things

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Oh dang, thanks Keven.  I meant to send you the block this weekend but life got in the way.  Do you still need me to send it even though you've changed a few things?

Randy

43 minutes ago, belamber said:

Oh dang, thanks Keven.  I meant to send you the block this weekend but life got in the way.  Do you still need me to send it even though you've changed a few things?

Randy

If the changes didn't fix your issue, send it over!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, are your changes in a new version?  Right now I'm on 0.3.70beta.  I have automatic updates on in VFXCentral, but I don't get any updates for ChasePlane.  I still see only KMRZ.

Changes are made to the Experimental channel. You can enable this in the Preferences

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42