Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

can't load procedures..what does that mean?

Great program btw..but I notice when I launch Little Nav Map on a client machine to say build a flight plan, I get this little box that shows up before the map loads up.

Did I do something wrong..Installed latest navigraph 1712.

Thanks for any help.

Happy Holidays to everyone :)

Bob M.

Bob M

Hi Bob,

depends on the flight plan. This can happen if you created a flight plan based on another cycle or dataset or when you switch between FSX and X-Plane databases for example.

Now the hard to explain stuff. For example:

You created a plan long time ago based on stock FSX without Navigraph data activated and saved this plan. LNM writes the procedure names into the plan file so it can rebuild it. For various reasons I cannot write all the procedure points and legs. This would not work.

Now you update your cycle, use Navigraph or X-Plane data and load the plan based on the old stuff. What happens now is that LNM cannot find the approaches (by name) in the newer database if anything has changed or renamed. Then you will see this error. Simply add new procedures and save to get around this.

This can also happen if you created a plan containing SIDs and STARs using fsAerodata. Due to limitations in the FSX/P3D format the SID and STAR names are limited to five characters and will therefore not match the ones you find in Navigraph or X-Plane data.

If you look into the PLN file you will see stuff like the one below (irrelevant stuff removed): SID PITZZ4.WAILN from runway 09. That's how it is done. All inside the  <!-- ... --> is a comment and is ignored by the simulators and other programs (except one). Only LNM reads this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <!-- LNMDATA
         _lnm=Created by Little Navmap Version 1.6.5 (revision b3bb841) on 2017 09 30T21:34:03|
         sidappr=PITZZ4|
         sidapprrw=09|
         sidtrans=WAILN|
-->

Alex

Thanks Alex, everything seems to be ok..I updated the program to latest and the latest airac. I have a question and maybe out of your realm of expertise but I area I struggle with as well as many, I know is a way to have an overlay that shows you the taxiways so you can get from gate to the departure point and maybe this can only be handled by a atc program but I don't know if it can be built automatically in the planning and simply assigned by a atc program so it already know your taxiways etc... I know it sounds crazy..lol.... I am providing a link to a recent video put out by Thomas Rasmussen at XPlane about a new program in development... Maybe it would spark some ideas.

Have a great Holiday Alex..to you and yours!!,

Bob M.

Bob M

Problem is that I have no idea how get the assigned taxiways from ATC.

If you don't care about the assigned I could add some sort of routing which gives you the shortest path from parking to runway.

I'll put it to the list but no idea when I can find time to add this.

All the best,

Alex

42 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Problem is that I have no idea how get the assigned taxiways from ATC.

And even if you could that probably all changes when you'e using an ATC add-on or flying with VATSIM or IVAO. :smile:

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks for the output :)  Great minds at work. I just know that alot of people struggle with this..getting from Gate to Runway. I think Voxatc in their latest version 7.41  uses a green arrow to guide you....maybe something its reading in the flight plan. I am waiting on the developer of Voxatc (who knows when that will be done) to finish the UT Bridge for interaction with UT2 or UTLive. I am not knowledgeable about this kind of stuff. Anyway, the developer of the Airport Visual System for xplane..I doubt seriously would write such a program for P3d or...Food for thought or indigestion..

Warmest Greets,

Bob M.

Bob M