Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Will There Be A FMC Message Fix?

Hello all.

First I want to thank PMDG for a magnificent aircraft in the 747-4.  I love it like many of you.

I do have a question about the FMC message that I keep getting.  As suggested, I have saved my own Panel "State Load"  And this seems to do the trick for a couple of flights.  Then I get its FMC Message light again.

Two things. 1)  Will this be fixed so that I can just load up a desired panel state that we use to be able to do and not get a phantom FMC message?

2)  What and I doing wrong so that 2- 3 flights in on my saved Panel Sate I get the same FMC message?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

David Bell

(Yes, I have read all the threads on this but would appreciate your positive and constructive suggestions).

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I followed the advice given in the threat "How to Fix EIcas messages that do not clear". But this did not solve the problem. After each recall I get the message ">FMC MESSAGE"

• Upvote 1

regards
Stefan Liebe

David,

At some point, I'm sure.  It is exceptionally low priority at this stage.  FWIW:  We are going to solve it the same way you can solve it for yourself:  Create a new saved state to use. 

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

5 hours ago, Stefan01 said:

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I followed the advice given in the threat "How to Fix EIcas messages that do not clear". But this did not solve the problem. After each recall I get the message ">FMC MESSAGE"

There is a know condition which will trigger the FMC message and does not clear it. See below. We are aware about this and is investigated

With both CDUs on MENU page, turn on the IRS's and wait until ">FMC MESSAGE" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. However, EICAS ">FMC MESSAGE" message persists

The correct way to do it is  with captain's CDU on POS INIT page, turn on the IRS's and wait until yellow "FMC" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. EICAS "FMC" message also clears.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Cris,

I dont get any false or not clearable messages on the EICAS, but I always get only "FMC" instead of "FMC MESSAGE", for example when MCP-altitude should be reset short before TOD..

Just curious, is that part of the same problem? I tried everything with default panel states and so....but cant get rid of it so far....

many thanks

Same I think Suniam.  I get that at times too.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

"The correct way to do it is  with captain's CDU on POS INIT page, turn on the IRS's and wait until yellow "FMC" appears on EICAS. Scratchpad displays "SET IRS POSITION" which disappears when position is entered. EICAS "FMC" message also clears."

it works for me. But only with an New Cold and Dark from the default Panel State. the Old Cold and Dark won't work....

On 12/1/2017 at 6:23 PM, europrodave said:

2)  What and I doing wrong so that 2- 3 flights in on my saved Panel Sate I get the same FMC message?

Hi David,

Do you keep saving your custom panel state each time, or do you just keep loading the same custom panel state without overwriting it?  If you keep resaving it, try using one that works and don't overwrite it.  Errors can creep in every time you save, especially if there is already a bug in some situations.  If you aren't resaving it, then clearly the problem is somewhere else.

Just a thought.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2