Sign in to follow this  
ggiddy soo

AFS2004 and AFCAD

Sounds like you need to put an exclude area over the default buildings. Use the yellow square icon in ADE to create it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meesterlijk said:

Do you guys have any clue why this happens?

Yes I do. Because you used Afcad2 and not ADE.:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Allright. Strange new things for me. I used afcad2 with 2 sceneries (one from fsdt) and they work fine. Using the program with fsdt lax doesnt work.

So apparantly thats the difference with ade and afcad. 

I tried ADE with KORD but somehow the elevation changed and I ended up on a dirt runway and after takeoff everything was normal. Oh man. I have a lot to learn. It seems to me that ADE is the way to go. That means I have to dive into the tutorials of making an afcad. 

And the only thing I want is to update the afcads. 

Is there some database with updated afcads for these payware sceneries? That would be a lot easier. :-) 

Afcad2 is very old. I would think that these days most developers would use ADE to make their afcads as they can easily add flattens or excludes (which Afcad2 will erase from the afcad) plus update approaches etc.

Afcad was great of course back in the day. But now you really need to use ADE if you do not want to unwittingly create problems.  

ADE is a godsend....and it's free.

• Upvote 1

Is ADE also capable of adjusting existing afcads from payware developers like FSDT? I was searching the website (fsdeveloper) but I couldnt find some useful tutorial for adjsuting these afcads. 

Im determined to get this right. I really want all the right airlines in my airports, especially now I know there is a way that I can influence that. 

Are there any threads on avsim or else to help me? 

Update on my last reply.

I was reading some forum threads about ADE and I think that I doing something wrong when I want to compile the afcads. 

As I understand I have to open the original afcad from the scenery. Do the adjsutments. Then save. (Is there some special way to save?)

Then I have to compile the saved file. Is there some tip or trick while compiling? I think that is the reason I gave up ADE yesterday with ORD because it gave some errors that needed to be fixed. These errors were in some cargo parking spots on the south-side of the airport. Could that be the reason something changed in the elevation? 

There was no way of ignoring these errors. They needed to be fixed to compile the afcad.

Am I correct on this? 

Aaaaand fixed it.

I found out on a different forum how to solve the error. I had to install something. Thanks to you edetroit. You were very busy on other threads explaining people. I found them. Sorry for any inconvience. 

I got the lax afcad working! Finally getting the right heavies at TBIT. Yes!