Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

Not tuning to ILS NGX 739

Second flight without NAV tuning to ILS freq? It makes approach to the runway  normally, after pressing VOR LOC nothing happens, APP button also doesn't tune to ILS?!, Both NAV's on the right frequency (KIAH 33R 110.9). Plane started descending like nothing happens straight to the runway like ILS is tuned on for normal landing. Of course I had to manually land which is fine on clear WX and good visual but no warning...etc. Anyone experienced something similar. 

FMC set up correctly, STAR OK, TRANS OK as well, all good, speed ok, just unable to catch LOC and GS. GS displayed on the PFD. Aircraft really behaves normally during flight, normal descend, meets all restrictions, VNAV path normal, just doesn't tune to right frequency. 

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Hi,

Silly question but does the frequency comes from the chart or from the sim?

If you set the frequency indicated on the chart, did you check that it is the same frequency in the sim? If the scenery is outdated or default one, there is a chance that the frequency in the sim is not the correct one, hence not capture of the ILS.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Well...funny that you mentioned....After I shut down SIM I took a peak into my chart and found that freq is 111.9. For some reason I think I entered 110.9 but not sure now. Will try again....similar thing happened landing at KSAN...have to investigate...Thanks

A few ILS frequencies have changed, even with Herv Soars software and monthly AIRAC updates you have to double check the ILS.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Not at home now, but I think that I entered wrong freq...I think that I tuned into "something" since I saw pink bug but than was gone. But there you have few runways around so I think I picked something else.....I did update Airac yesterday..... Thanks guys.

The best way to check the ILS frequency is (I assume) to read it off the FMC when you select "Approach Ref".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The best way to check the ILS frequency is (I assume) to read it off the FMC when you select "Approach Ref".

Actually the best way to get the working frequency is to check the map on the sim. All the data in the FMC are provided by the Airac, but these Airac don't update the sim nav database. So it is outdated and you have updated nav database in the FMC, you may have a mismatch.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I do both....99% match but still checking. This time obviously I did something different. It happens...