Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I am the process of moving from FSX-SE to XP 11. I've got Little Navmap installed on the main simming computer and also on 2 remote computers. However, when I launch Little Navmap Connect on the sim computer, the numbers in the "Port" window are in red and the remote computers will not connect. 

Is there a fix for this? Little Navmap was working perfectly for me in FSX-SE. I have updated to the latest version of Little Navmap, v1.8.3

I'm switching from FSX-SE due to the latest Windows 10 update, the "Fall Creator's" Edition making FSX and Prepar3d unusable for some people - of which I unfortunately are one. I hope that update didn't mess up the workings of Little Navmap also.

Thanks,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Scott,

the red port number is not a warning but should only help people to add the right values to the right fields.

Did you install the Little Xpconnect plugin into X-Plane? Does Navconnect connect to it when X-Plane is running?
Are the firewall settings OK? Sometimes Windows 10 has its own mind about user settings when installing its updates and changes them.
Also, when updating anything (and especially Xpconnect) delete the old directory and do not merge old and new versions.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm at work right now so I can't check my computer at home, but I'm pretty sure that I put the Xpconnect plugin into X-Plane. I will check when I get home this evening.

When I closed out of X-plane last night the Xpconnect dialogue box looked like it had connected with the remote computer, as there was a scrolling message about the connection being lost. However, during my simming session, the aircraft I was using did not show up on the remote computer's map.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi Alex,

I will do that this evening. 

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Hi Alex,

I'm home and simming now in XP 11.  I'm not getting any errors, but there are not any aircraft showing on the map. With the "Simulator Aircraft" tab selected, there is a message at the top that says "Connected. Waiting for update".

I dug around in that Abarth file that installs in my user, etc...folders. What is it I'm looking for?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Cebula

Hi Scott,

I split the posts off from the other topics into a new thread.

Don't look at the ini files. It won't help you.

Look at the status bar. There is another indication "Connected"  or "Connecting ...". It has a tooltip which will show you the remote computer name or error messages.

Also, to see any aircraft on the map you have to start a flight. Nothing will show up while you're still in the main menu of the simulator.

Alex

Hi Alex,

No, I have the simulator running - not paused, either, when I attempt to make the connection.

I found those files you mentioned. I'm sending them to the email address provided in the Little Xpconnect readme file.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by ndflieger
Clarification

Scott Cebula

For all with similar problems:

The problem was solved after I sent a modified "little_navconnect.ini" file to Scott.

I seems that Navconnect gets into an invalid state when FSX or P3D are removed from the flying computer and still tries to connect to FSX instead of X-Plane.

A simple workaround until this is fixed is to delete the configuration file "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navconnect.ini" on the flying computer.

Alex

Greetings etc......

I found this topic, and I did hope it would solve mine.....

Read an laugh.......

Post Scriptum

Went and looked around, mostly for log files.

Found dates of releases.

Colour me somewhat stupid, hence the permission granted to laugh.

Downloaded LNConnect, latest version to match latest version of LN Map.

Et, Voila!!  

Ignore all the following.......

Alas.........

Two computers

Flying puter

mapping computer

LNM runs ok on Mapping, (MAP) after trials and tribulations.  It really did think I was using XPlane.

I managed to convince it that this was not the case.

FSX:SE on Flying puter

LN Connect on Flying Puter   (Flight)

Reports the IP and Port correctly

Using the procedure as outlined in HELP files, created the databases on Flight and Transfered them to MAP

LNM displays all data as expected on MAP

Run connect on Fligfht

Command MAP to connect.

This shows up instantly

c00OuJJ.jpg

Tried refreshing the simconnect files, installing all the legacy files.

On MAP, I deleted LN Connect.INI as in previous post .

The rebuilt one is

[Options]
Verbose=false
DefaultPort=51968
ReconnectRate=10
UpdateRate=500

Damn, am I confused now!!!

Thanks for reading. I would send the logs, If I could find them

Bob

Edited by zk-bob
Solved, post left as a lesson for someone else

Hi Bob,

bit hard to follow.:smile:

But I'd say that versions of LNM and LNC don't match. Use the latest 1.8.5 which includes LNC.

The error message is a tiny bit confusing since it normally should say "Version mismatch".:mellow:

Is there any firewall or anti virus messing with the connections?

Alex

Edit: I see it is solved now. I should probably read the whole post.:smile:

Edited by albar965

My old version of Little Navmap was a huge part of flying X-Plane 11. I just downloaded a recent version, and I get a warning that states "Little XPconnect version is incompatible with Little Navmap. I attempted several other versions of LNM, but I get the same warning no matter what version. This must be why I do not see my aircraft on the moving map.  I believe the last version I downloaded was 2.6.6.  

How may I get the correct, compatible version of Little  XPconnect?  Thanks.

16 hours ago, Champguy said:

My old version of Little Navmap was a huge part of flying X-Plane 11. I just downloaded a recent version, and I get a warning that states "Little XPconnect version is incompatible with Little Navmap. I attempted several other versions of LNM, but I get the same warning no matter what version. This must be why I do not see my aircraft on the moving map.  I believe the last version I downloaded was 2.6.6.  

How may I get the correct, compatible version of Little  XPconnect?  Thanks.

the correct "Little Xpconnect" version always comes included with the LNM Zip archive. Simply overwrite the old Xpconnect in the X-Plane plugins folder to update.

Also see https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#xpconnect-install just in case an older version was wrongly installed.

Alex