Sign in to follow this  
thejcat54

A few problems that I am encountering!

Good day folks,

I am a bit new and ready to purchase the program. However there are a few things I am concerned about before I put out the money!

First I would like to say this is one of the best ATC options that I have found out there, Bar None! The flight planer is awesome. The SayIt feature is real nice to have. The moving map is a very nice touch to have as well to follow along on your flight!!! So thanks so much for all the hard work that has been put into this amazing product.

With the Roses said, now the Thorns....

I have built a fairly new computer with amazing hardware. The specs will be below with pictures.

First problem I am having is the program tends to lag/hiccup/pause then catch back up from time to time. The length of the hiccup tends to be varied times from just a few seconds to four or five minutes. Hence, after a longer pause, I will experience several ATC calls one right after another for various course, altitude or sped adjustments or radio freq changes ect. This problem is baffling!

Second, Speech recognition seems to mot work at all. I am able to use Speech recognition in any other program I use it in. When I have tried to use the Grammar Helper, I all ways get a return of "FullTxt:) and it is blank afterwards.

Here is a link to the picture of my computer: http://www.overclock.net/image/id/13085748/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

My specs are as follows:

Phanteks Enthoo Primo White Aluminum MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM MoBo AMD Ryzen 1800x 32 Gb (4x8 Gb) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 ArcticStorm EVGA SuperNOVA 80+ PLATINUM 1000W WD Blue M.2 1TB Internal SSD Solid State Drive Mount-It! Triple Monitor Stand w/ 3x Asus VS239H-P 23-Inch Full HD 1920x1080 Custom Water Loop with parts from EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple) EK-CSQ Plug G1/4 - Black EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 - White EK-Supremacy EVO White Edition EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Plexi (incl. pump) EK-RES X3 250 - White EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm) White EK-HD Tube D.I.Y. Kit 10&12mm EK-HD PETG Tube 12/16mm

As you can tell this was built with Flight Sims in mind!!

I have setup my speech rec with windows and have had no issues with speech in any other program or with windows itself. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 headset and microphone combo.

In closing I want to thank ev1 in advance for there replies.

Thanks,

John

Your first problem sounds like the program is waiting for something like downloading weather, elevations, or something else from the web or waiting on queries to the Database for the first time.  These usually are encountered shortly after starting  the program.

The longer ones sound like the synchronizing mechanism that stops multiple controller calls and co-pilot calls from running all at once.  Still working to improve this, but it shouldn't happen on most flights.

If you would like to send me the log files from these flights, I might be able to figure out what's causing some of this. 

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

On speech recognition, when you press "Practice" on the Grammar Help window a message box comes up with some diagnostic data.  If you could email or post that, it would be useful.  Also, after not being recognized, press the "Replay" button and see what your voice sounded like.  Is it loud and clear, or is it even picking it up.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for such a quick response.

I have a file that might  be of use for you to look at. If you PM me your email address I will be happy to share it with you!

With the speech recognition the replay is not producing any playback. I have gone through the Microsoft voice training and have no problem with any other programs using the Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows. Here is the full info:

Active Default Input Device: Microphone (Turtle Beach PX22)

Reco Engine Name: MS-1033-80-DESK

Reco Engine Description: Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows (English - US)

Language: English (United States)

Grammar: StaticGrammar

Grammar Loaded: True

I hope this helps you, help me to figure this out!

Thanks again,

John

Thanks John.

If you're not hearing anything with the Replay, then Pilot2ATC is not hearing the input and that explains the speech recognition problem.

Recheck that the microphone is set as the Default recording device in Windows.

In the Microphones Properties:

1)Check the volume level of the Microphone

2) On the Advanced tab, be sure the Exclusive Mode option is unchecked

In the Sounds Communications tab, check that the "Do Nothing" option is checked.

You can email me the file at  admin @ pilot2atc.com.

Thanks,

Dave

John,

I just posted some additional Microphone issue fixes in the thread about Speech Recognition.  They might help here too.