Sign in to follow this  
Petermuc3

F/O complains all the time

Hi,

all of a sudden my FO complains in a row "I am no robot" "I can only handle one thing at a time".

Even if I do nothing, no request, no mouse click.I even reinstalled MCE. This is with the FSL Bus but

only the IAE variant; CFM is working fine.

Thanks for the help

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

You are making the guy working to much, give him a break lol

You have 2 options, the nagging and one for him to talk less if i remember correctly.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

De select "talks a lot" and check your microphone for extraneous sounds getting in.

Sometimes when I forget to mute my microphone and non flight crew enter the flight deck and talk to me, the FO can interpret all kinds of things from misheard input.....thank goodness vital function calls are questioned.."do you really want me to shut down the engines Captain" ???? No thanks:ohmy:

4 hours ago, Petermuc3 said:

Hi,

all of a sudden my FO complains in a row "I am no robot" "I can only handle one thing at a time".

Even if I do nothing, no request, no mouse click.I even reinstalled MCE. This is with the FSL Bus but

only the IAE variant; CFM is working fine.

Thanks for the help

Peter

It's very rare, but it can happen, and with any aircraft.

When it does, say "attention" and a few internal variables that track how many simultaneous tasks Fo is undertaking are reset".

It's necessary because to simulate human behaviour, we have to track every command, time issued and nature of the command. Only one "dialing" command at a time for instance.

It's more likely to happen when Fo is going through a flow, where task count is incremented/decremented at a fast pace. 

Without that, you could say "set heading 235", followed by "set altitude six thousands" and you'd have the Fo dial them simultaneously. Not realistic :laugh:

In this video at minute 4, see how Fo dials speed, acknowledges heading dialing, but only dials HDG when he's done with SPD. By then he would be 2 tasks in the queue and very likely complain if you add two more.

It's possible to adjust a value in "mce.ini"

[SPEECH]
MaxConcurrentTasks=4  (could increase this value to 6 or 8)

10 hours ago, FS++ said:

It's very rare, but it can happen, and with any aircraft.

When it does, say "attention" and a few internal variables that track how many simultaneous tasks Fo is undertaking are reset".

It's necessary because to simulate human behaviour, we have to track every command, time issued and nature of the command. Only one "dialing" command at a time for instance.

It's more likely to happen when Fo is going through a flow, where task count is incremented/decremented at a fast pace. 

Without that, you could say "set heading 235", followed by "set altitude six thousands" and you'd have the Fo dial them simultaneously. Not realistic :laugh:

In this video at minute 4, see how Fo dials speed, acknowledges heading dialing, but only dials HDG when he's done with SPD. By then he would be 2 tasks in the queue and very likely complain if you add two more.

It's possible to adjust a value in "mce.ini"

[SPEECH]
MaxConcurrentTasks=4  (could increase this value to 6 or 8)

Since my favourite sci fi is Star Trek, I immediately thought of Lt Commander Data! Now with his positronic brain he can run a great many tasks concurrently!:biggrin:  (MaxConcurrentTasks=>:cool:)

With MCE we can have Mr Data as our FO and where would that leave the competitors program?  Still playing Juke Box music in sequence!:happy:

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys,

of course "nagging" and "talks a lot" is disabled. Using the CFM variant no problem, having the IAE

same airport, same gate, exactly the same procedure, when I say "let's board the passengers"

FO performs the script correctly but starts complaining. I tried that at the gate only, need to make a full flight

to see wether FO stops complaining eventually.

Peter

Peter

On 12/3/2017 at 11:06 AM, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks guys,

of course "nagging" and "talks a lot" is disabled. Using the CFM variant no problem, having the IAE

same airport, same gate, exactly the same procedure, when I say "let's board the passengers"

FO performs the script correctly but starts complaining. I tried that at the gate only, need to make a full flight

to see wether FO stops complaining eventually.

Peter

Another possible explanation.

Every command listed in a flow is eventually received by MCE as if you spoke it.

Ideally, MCE would determine whether a command is scripted, in which case it's not added to the task count, or a direct command in which case it is.

Occasionally, depending on how fast the computer handles them, MCE could see some of those scripted commands as direct ones, and Fo would eventually complain about having too much to do.

Again, if he gets stuck, just say "attention" or call his name "Clive", "William", etc.. and should be available again.

The system also tries to prevent executing the same command twice in a row (Impatient user who gives the same command in a very short time span). When FO seems not cooperating, giving a different command would ensure he's listening and acting on your request

Thanks Gerald,

will try later this evening again. But why would the CFM variant work perfect and with the IAE I get complains?

Something seems to be weird with my MCE.

My CTRL-key (used for IVAO ATC) is again not muting my communication with the FO.

NotifyPTTstate=1, VatsimPTT=17

Peter

Peter

20 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks Gerald,

will try later this evening again. But why would the CFM variant work perfect and with the IAE I get complains?

Something seems to be weird with my MCE.

My CTRL-key (used for IVAO ATC) is again not muting my communication with the FO.

NotifyPTTstate=1, VatsimPTT=17

Peter

Flows are customised per variant. Check you have the exact same flows for both. Or check whatever changes you made for the IAE variant are in good shape.

As explained in other threads, PTT can make or break the experience.

Every time you hold it down, MCE has to ask the speech engine to disable things until you release it, at which point, commands are expected to be enabled again.

MCE cannot control how much time the speech engine needs to make those adjustments. It could be anywhere from 10 to 300 millisec

For this reason, It's not a good idea to press and release PTT in quick succession, even though MCE anticipates this behaviour and prevents asking speech engine to disable/enable things that quick

Add to that, when speech engine is suspended, the flows commands won't work.

By design, when you hold PTT down, the flow execution is put on hold until PTT is released or a set amount of time has elapsed.

After pressing and releasing PTT dozens of times, it's not impossible that the speech engine gets stuck in "suspended" state.

When that happens, hold PTT down for a couple of seconds and then release it. Should return to normal operation.

Will double check the Vatsim option, even though nothing has changed in this regard recently. Certainly not after V2.7.4.0

Thanks for the explanation, Gerald,

holding down the PTT key a long time did not solve my issue. FO is still listening when I press and hold the CTRL key.

I did an 1 hour flight with the IAE variant. The FO is not executing a single flow but complains instead. The flows are exactly

the same as in the CFM, no problems there. After a reinstall still the same. So I am thinking to uninstall, even delete files manually,

delete registry entry or even reinstall the FSL Bus. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Peter

Peter

39 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Thanks for the explanation, Gerald,

holding down the PTT key a long time did not solve my issue. FO is still listening when I press and hold the CTRL key.

I did an 1 hour flight with the IAE variant. The FO is not executing a single flow but complains instead. The flows are exactly

the same as in the CFM, no problems there. After a reinstall still the same. So I am thinking to uninstall, even delete files manually,

delete registry entry or even reinstall the FSL Bus. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Peter

No need to re-install aircraft or the sim. MCE doesn't alter any P3D files. Not even "aircraft.cfg" or "Panel.cfg"

Suggest the following.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder and delete

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini

<MCE dlls> folder.

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft folder.

Delete <FSLabs A320 CFM> and  <FSLabs A320 IAE> folders (if you did customize them, make a backup somewhere else).

If you haven't created Voxkey commands, you can also delete <Voxkey> folder in \My Documents\ folder.

Re-install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

Reset MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience\Reset factory settings.

You'll have to go through the wizard again. However, there is no need for speech training.

The FSL related folders will be re-crerated and have default flows.

Go to \Prepar3D V4\ installation folder and check you have the deleted files back.

Initially, use the <END> keyboard key and check it is muting speech reco as expected.

After that set "VatsimPTT=17" in "fsInsider.ini" so you can use the CTRL key

Set the other option in "mce.ini" if you want to visually confirm the mute is working.

Thanks Gerald, great help

Erverything is fine now with the flows and PTT button.

I have problems with GSX since installing P3D4.1

which I will post under the respectiv topic.

Peter

Peter