Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

El Paso, TX to Chandler, AZ - Xplane11

Took my longest Xplane11 flight to date, out of El Paso to Chandler, AZ, I flew about three hours today.  Last time I flew the route in real life, it was on a CRJ-200.  Was not fond of the CRJ-200 because of the way the windows were situated, too low in relation to the passenger's point of view.  They fixed the issue in the 700 and 900, both are superb aircraft, and have a more airy feel to them.

John

Cessna_172SP_10.jpg
Cessna_172SP_12.jpg
Cessna_172SP_13.jpg
Cessna_172SP_15.jpg
Cessna_172SP_16.jpg
Cessna_172SP_17.jpg
Cessna_172SP_19.jpg
Cessna_172SP_20.jpg
Cessna_172SP_23.jpg
Cessna_172SP_28.jpg
Cessna_172SP_33.jpg
Cessna_172SP_36.jpg
Cessna_172SP_40.jpg
Cessna_172SP_41.jpg
Cessna_172SP_42.jpg
Cessna_172SP_43.jpg
Cessna_172SP_44.jpg
Cessna_172SP_50.jpg
Cessna_172SP_48.jpg
Cessna_172SP_49.jpg

• Upvote 2

Very nice mountain textures captured...love those!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HLJames said:

Very nice mountain textures captured...love those!

HLJAMES

Me too.  I loved this flight, I find X-Plane's rudder feel closer to what I've known in real life.  I was a little high on my approach into Chandler, so I used a slip to lose some altitude.  It was very easy to maintain my heading during the slip.  P3D also does a fair job at it, I feel it is probably due to my Logitech 3D Pro controller, which was only $40.00 US.  It has a very firm feel, more akin to aircraft I have flown with a stick.  This was the longest trip I've ever simmed in a 172 in Xplane.  It was roughly, as they say in Gilligan's Island, a three hour tour... :)  That is why I am marooned in Phoenix.