Sign in to follow this  
johnnycrockett

P3D 3.4 CTD

Hi there,

I've lately been getting consistent crashes right after pushback using the PMDG 747 at FB KSFO. According to event viewer, the fault seems to be from 'MSVCR120.dll'. Would anyone happen to have any idea which addon might be using this? I suspect a reinstall of that addon would fix it but not sure what uses it.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

There are many addons that use Microsoft Visual 2010.  I fixed my issue with the Microsoft Visual crash by running the Microsoft.net Repair Tool but, according to the Microsoft website, this tool is no longer available.  Suspect it might have caused problems for many or Microsoft doesn't like anyone messing with their dotnets anymore.  Most addons, as well as the FSX or P3D, will state in the description of their product any special requirements like having a certain version of Microsoft Visual or Microsoft.net installed.  Most of the times the installer will install the proper version if not found on your computer system.

This problem may be associated with the Microsoft Visual issue P3DV3.4 is having with the latest update to Windows 10 (v1709). 

I would investigate and try to figure out when this error started appearing.  What did you just install?  Usually the latest addon installed is the culprit. 

Did you rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart the sim and see if this fixes the problem?  If you did, you should leave the settings alone as you are only checking to see if the problem is with your p3d.cfg.  Rebuilding the p3d.cfg fixes many problems and is considered better than uninstalling/reinstalling P3D.

Best regards,

jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just found the new location of the Microsoft.net Repair Tool - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

HI Jim,

Thanks for the detailed help. Last addons were KSDF by FSDT and KMIA by LatinVfr, interestingly there was an update for Coutal.exe this morning so if that hasn't fixed it then I can look at KMIA.

I ran the .NET tool but it didn't think it could fix my problem (I've had updates disabled since the one that broke 32bit P3D).

Again, thanks, at least I know where to look!

Johnny Crockett

Good luck!

Submit News to AVSIM

The PMDG 747 has ACARS?  My understanding no addon module for ACARS works with the PMDG 747.  Not yet anyway.

Submit News to AVSIM

Just the one built into the middle FMC. I never worried about it but I started learning the flows from the FCTM and it mentions setting this up so I just follow that. When pushback is completed, I change the display on the middle FMC to the ACARS status page and this is when the crash happens. Haven't had it before. I've submitted a ticket with PMDG.

Johnny Crockett