Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

Recommendation for a VA

Hello.

I fly mainly GA aircraft and found fseconomy to be well fitted for that kind of flying.

however when it come to liner it is not the best option. I was thinking of buying air hauler 2 but maybe joining a VA is actually a better option.

So I'm looking for a VA that operate in Europe and where I can fly the fsl A320 and the majestic dash 8 Q400 ( the majestic can be tricky with the client due to its outside flight model so I want to be sure it can operate flawlessly)

idealy I would like a VA that replicate the flight of a real airline rather than "john doe airline" so it means an airline that operate both the Q400 and the A320 in reality (SAS ? Austria ? )

I'm looking for flight of one or two hours max.

I'm rather serious when it come to simulation but it shall remains a pleasure so looking for a good balance.

If you think of a VA that can fit my needs...

thanks.

• Upvote 1

www.viaintercity.com are mainly based around the FSL A320 and Majestic Q400 and almost all flights are under 2 hours and within Europe, so they would seem an almost perfect match! There's a minimum level of realism expected from pilots, but you can up it if you want (Intercity provide SOPs, SimBrief integration, performance planning etc). You'll get much more coverage than you would with an airline based in a particular country such as SAS and Austrian you mentioned.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Sorry could I just jump in here, what do you mean by 'Performance Planning', is this something other than Simbrief or PFPX ?

Glen

Intercity ACARS2 has Simbrief integration (which will push and pull weights and passenger loads) and provide all flights in a PFPX package. We offer additional performance planning in the shape of V speed calculators for several aircraft, which is integrated within ACARS2.

acars22.jpg

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks for the info Chris looks interesting.

Drawback I see is it is not based on a real world airline which I would prefer if possible.

Think of it as "inspired by" a mixture of Flybe, BA Cityflyer, Eastern Airways, Cityjet and Eurowings. I suppose with the new base at Milan Linate you could throw in Alitalia Citylink too!

"Real world" virtual airlines cannot offer as much variety because they are restricted to what their real life counterpart does. Many also often get closed down by the real airline within a few months for trademark violations; Intercity has been running over 4 years so you know it's here to stay :happy:

• Upvote 1

support1.jpg

I started my first VA in November 1997, an original concept thing called Air Fresno. It lasted off and on for 17 years before I just gave up trying to stay up with technology and 'real world' airlines. I stopped flying altogether in 2016 after abandoning an around the world in flight in a GA aircraft. After going back and looking at all of the stuff VA's are doing now I don't think I could even be a pilot for a small technical VA. I applaud you guys for going the distance though, VA's have come such a long way. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Pete :happy: Intercity is just a two man team, but fortunately we share a vision and have complimentary skill sets. 

To a large extent opening a basic VA has been deskilled thanks to free software such as phpVMS, VAMS, VABase, VAFS and SmartCARS, so keeping up is easy but staying ahead of the pack as Intercity does needs some serious programming. These tools have also dramatically lowered the barriers to entry so there's a lot of "pop up" template VAs that don't last very long and sadly erode confidence in VAs a whole.

support1.jpg

AFVA (Air France / KLM Virtual Airlines, afva.net) has many real-life routes for both aircraft. The Q400 causes some reporting issues with their ACARS, but that's an issue for flight reviewers, not for pilots, and the plane is flown regularly on that VA.

I hope that's helpful.

Marcel Durieux

Air France-KLM have Q400s!?

support1.jpg

Thanks all,

I have registered to DLH virtual (Lufthansa) I will do my first fly tomorow and see how it goes.

I thought Air Berlin (AB) stopped flying a few months ago? Or does that screenshot show LGW legs?

support1.jpg