Sign in to follow this  
seanlister

Weird Lighting

Hey guys,

Just finished a flight and noticed when I was at the airport something wasn't quite right, this got me thinking back to when I took off that when I turned my landing lights on it was unrealistically bright. I am new to P3D and I have no idea what could be causing this. I have attached a screenshot of myself at Aerosofts Mallorca Evolution to display what I am experiencing.

Any help is appreciated greatly

Sean

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Yes that is weird, I imagine you mean the lamp posts.

Can you reset your shaders to see if the problem goes away?

Simbol 

Yeah it's the lamp posts and the runway lights look weird in my opinion, how do I go about resetting my shaders?

15 minutes ago, seanlister said:

Yeah it's the lamp posts and the runway lights look weird in my opinion, how do I go about resetting my shaders?

You need to delete them so PD3V4 rebuilds them.

You will find them here:

C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Simbol 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

You need to delete them so PD3V4 rebuilds them.

You will find them here:

C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Simbol 

Whole folder?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

Just had this same experience, but in my case, it was an just updated video driver that was causing it. reverted back and it was ok. my 2c

• Upvote 1

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

1 minute ago, Ed_S_Pilot said:

Just had this same experience, but in my case, it was an just updated video driver that was causing it. reverted back and it was ok. my 2c

Let's wait and see if the user reports back with more findings.

Simbol 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Let's wait and see if the user reports back with more findings.

Simbol 

By all means, Let's do. In My Case, thats what had happened.

Thanks though....

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Sorry everyone work took over, had some weird shifts, I'll be testing it again soon as there was a driver update the other day. 

Okay so I have just tested it at multiple airports, I then decided to turn off HDR and it notably changed the lighting obviously. I'm unsure if it is just a HDR setting I have wrong or what. HDR toggles the problem but adjusting the HDR settings makes no difference to the lights.

5 minutes ago, seanlister said:

Okay so I have just tested it at multiple airports, I then decided to turn off HDR and it notably changed the lighting obviously. I'm unsure if it is just a HDR setting I have wrong or what. HDR toggles the problem but adjusting the HDR settings makes no difference to the lights.

What video card you have?