Sign in to follow this  
AdmagTwoXRay

Long Haul CTD

Hi,

Whenever I do a long haul flight, around half way to 3/4 of the way through I get a CTD. The faulting path being ntdll.dll. The log I have attached was on a flight from EGLL-KSFO in the PMDG 777.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          03/12/2017 03:35:22
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Harry-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94ee4
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000bf3e2
Faulting process id: 0x2b4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36bb4b7607691
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: fd9b5f70-d7da-11e7-ac00-708bcd563d0b
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-03T03:35:22.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8108</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Harry-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.1.7.22841</Data>
    <Data>59d67e95</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.23915</Data>
    <Data>59b94ee4</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000bf3e2</Data>
    <Data>2b4c</Data>
    <Data>01d36bb4b7607691</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>fd9b5f70-d7da-11e7-ac00-708bcd563d0b</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Why does this happen?

Do u use 2D CDU ?, it was confirmed that 2D CDU cause problems so it is advised to disable and not use it.

I had same problem with 777, but with 747 i can do long hauls without any problems.

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Do u use 2D CDU ?, it was confirmed that 2D CDU cause problems so it is advised to disable and not use it.

I had same problem with 777, but with 747 i can do long hauls without any problems.

Yes but I didnt use them in the cruise, how can I disable them?

The ntdll.dll and StackHash w/an exception code of 0374 are synonymous.  It all points to high settings but sometimes it can be a bad overclock and lowering the overclock by a couple of points could help.  To check high settings, just rename your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart, and try not to change any of the settings (as you are testing).  My Traffic X has caused this crash too and renaming the mytrafficmil.bgl to mytrafficmil.bgl.off will fix that.  I did a lot of searching on the Internet at all of the flight sim websites and these are the most likely causes and why they are in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The ntdll.dll and StackHash w/an exception code of 0374 are synonymous.  It all points to high settings but sometimes it can be a bad overclock and lowering the overclock by a couple of points could help.  To check high settings, just rename your p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off, restart, and try not to change any of the settings (as you are testing).  My Traffic X has caused this crash too and renaming the mytrafficmil.bgl to mytrafficmil.bgl.off will fix that.  I did a lot of searching on the Internet at all of the flight sim websites and these are the most likely causes and why they are in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim

I have not overclocked my CPU, I do not have high settings nor do I use My Traffic X

Then you have a major problem because I know of no solution.  Do a Google search for ntdll.dll and P3DV4.  The ntdll.dll belongs to your computer system, not P3D.  Good luck!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If u don't use 2D CDU then u don't need to disable those, and apparently ur problem is not caused by 2D panels.

Artur 

Just now, Beardyman said:

If u don't use 2D CDU then u don't need to disable those, and apparently ur problem is not caused by 2D panels.

I sometimes use them but normally put them away in the cruise, from memory they were not open during the crash