Sign in to follow this  
Meiton

RESOLVED p3d v4 won't start at all

Hi everyone

i know people been saying this and they solved the problem but not for me, prepar3d v4 does not start at all for me, every time i try to launch it it says something about building database for scenery files then nothing happens it simply quits with no errors or anything and it's not even in the task manager, i restarted my computer, repaired it, reinstalled it, deleted the reg from the host file, deleted the generated files, i don't have a joystick or a sound card, no addons, i bought it yesterday and been trying to find a fix for it since then but nothing worked, i need some serious help because i'm giving serious thoughts now about asking for a refund.

prepared academic v4.1.7
my system is windows 8 64 bit
AMD FX 8350 eight core processor
GTX 970 windforce 4 gb graphics card
16 gb ram

i know my system is not good but at least i should be able to run it

38 minutes ago, Meiton said:

deleted the reg from the host file, deleted the generated files

Not sure how you 'delete the reg from the host file' or generated files.  Sounds like gobblygook.  Who told you to do that?  Instead of repairing or uninstalling/reinstalling, delete or rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off.  Restart and the config will be rebuilt.

Did you activate it yet.  That happens when you first install it.  You have to have an Internet connection to activate.  If you did not activate it, then it will not start up.  See how to install P3D in the P3D Tips and Tricks Forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

hi, thanks for replying, i was trying to do whatever the internet tells me, i am that desperate, yes i activated it, i deleted everything in the lockheed martin in the roaming folder but still won't work

For some cases, making sure Windows and driver updates are done is all that is needed.

These 2 guides have lots of good information, and its important to read through them carefully - skimming will not do:

If you still cannot run Prepar3D 4, then a complete description of your system and steps should be posted here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

Maybe post here first and while you await support, read the guides. :-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Meiton said:

i deleted everything in the lockheed martin in the roaming folder but still won't work

Not good if you deleted everything in the Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder.  Only the p3d.cfg is rebuilt.  Everything else will never ever be rebuilt and you will have to reinstall the sim so be careful.  Everything in the Local/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder can be removed though.

You must have done something seriously wrong though as there are literally thousands and thousands who have installed P3DV4.1 and have had no problems.  There is nothing special you have to do to install the sim.  Just click on Setup and sit back and watch the installation then start it up, activate, and go to the startup screen where you can set up your flight.  Your computer is more than able to handle P3DV4.1 so it's difficult to understand your issues getting it to run.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

53 minutes ago, pracines said:

For some cases, making sure Windows and driver updates are done is all that is needed.

These 2 guides have lots of good information, and its important to read through them carefully - skimming will not do:

If you still cannot run Prepar3D 4, then a complete description of your system and steps should be posted here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

Maybe post here first and while you await support, read the guides. :-)

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Not sure how you 'delete the reg from the host file' or generated files.  Sounds like gobblygook.  Who told you to do that?  Instead of repairing or uninstalling/reinstalling, delete or rename the p3d.cfg to p3d.cfg.off.  Restart and the config will be rebuilt.

Did you activate it yet.  That happens when you first install it.  You have to have an Internet connection to activate.  If you did not activate it, then it will not start up.  See how to install P3D in the P3D Tips and Tricks Forum.

my system is up to date, and i already posted my problem in prepar3d forum since yesterday, so i am trying the guides, thank you very much

And, running as admin is extremely important.  Good luck!

\Robert Hamlich/

i ran it as admin, the roaming folder rebuilds itself for me, and i ran the setup everything went smoothly, ran prepar3d and activated it, it built everything then it quits and never wanted to launch

Ok, i am refreshing my system now, it found that some files are missing so maybe that's the problem, if it didn't work i will reinstall it, if it didn't work i will come back here and cry about it :)

7 minutes ago, Meiton said:

if it didn't work i will come back here and cry about it :)

:biggrin:  You do not need to uninstall/reinstall.  Just click on setup again (with Admin Privileges) and select "Repair".

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

:biggrin:  You do not need to uninstall/reinstall.  Just click on setup again (with Admin Privileges) and select "Repair".

Best regards,

Jim

The problem is with my windows files missing i just refreshed the system with my windows disc, waiting for all updates to install before i try installing prepar3d again

IT IS WORKING, I SWEAR TO GOD IT IS WORKING FINAAAAAAAAAAALLY, as i suspected, the problem was with missing windows files, refreshed my system, lost everything in the process but at least i got it work, thanks everyone, love you all

Glad you got it to work and can enjoy P3DV4.1. 

Submit News to AVSIM

Awesome! Please, please, do not go searching for problem resolution online before you come here and ask for help first, or at least do a search and make sure to add AVSIM into the search terms.  If you have an issue chances are the question has been posed here before and you will find your solution. Many other "help" websites are full of users who are hacks and they cause others to ruin their system.  Those users are there because they all have faulty operating systems due to incorrect information being spread about.  If it is about your OS and/or flightsim, AVSIM is the place to come to.

Now, go have some fun and go flying!

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/