Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Cheyenne II Mod v2

I have updated my previous Cheyenne Mod to include a new start sequence with XMLTools and fixed a bug with station loading. 

Please PM me for a download link.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hi Bill,

I so appreciate all your efforts to make these planes more enjoyable...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

I have updated my previous Cheyenne Mod to include a new start sequence with XMLTools and fixed a bug with station loading. 

Please PM me for a download link.  

I forgot to include the updated sound files.  For those who downloaded the mod, please re-download to get the sound folder.  Sorry.......

• Upvote 1

Well......somehow an old panel file got into the download.  For those with the link, please re-download.  Sorry.....again.....

Hi Bill,

Roger that - please keep the link up until at least this weekend when I'll have a chance to grab it...

And thank you for all your efforts...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Kindly received the dropbox link from Bill, but it's now showing "404 - File has been removed".   Will keep trying in case he is mid-upload!   :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hmmmm....I updated it but I didn't remove it.  I am not at home for the next several hours but I'll check it as soon as I get there. 

A couple of folks have reported some problems with the mods.  They were easy fixes, so please let me know if you are having problems.  Systems are different and there are some things I don't see until somebody else points it out.  Also, as my AVSIM inbox begins to fill, please PM me your emails so I can create a group and send updates. 

Regards,

Bill

• Upvote 2

On 12/6/2017 at 1:33 AM, whamil77 said:

A couple of folks have reported some problems with the mods.  They were easy fixes, so please let me know if you are having problems.  Systems are different and there are some things I don't see until somebody else points it out.  Also, as my AVSIM inbox begins to fill, please PM me your emails so I can create a group and send updates. 

Regards,

Bill

Bill, could you update me on which areas you tried to improve the Carenado Cheyenne. I have done on my side the complete rework of flight dynamics using my originals for the DA version and transported them to the Carenado version. As I'm the developer of those files I could share them once completed, and fully tested.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

12 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

Bill, could you update me on which areas you tried to improve the Carenado Cheyenne. I have done on my side the complete rework of flight dynamics using my originals for the DA version and transported them to the Carenado version. As I'm the developer of those files I could share them once completed, and fully tested.

It's been a while since the Cheyenne mod, so I don't remember the specific details.  What I can tell you is that I relied heavily in the DA Cheyenne's flying qualities for the mod.  In fact, it was my inspiration for getting into doing these mods.  I kept the DA Cheyenne going as long as I could, starting I think with FS9 and well into P3D.  But the appeal of the eye candy and newer systems in the Carenado aircraft kept calling.  In as much as Carenado tends to stick with xml script and stays away from .gau and .dll files, they are open to modification and improvement which makes them attractive to me and my fervor for "tinkering." Earlier Carenado aircraft tended to be "pitch happy" I think, with the developer trying to cram 18 inches of pitch qualities into the 4 or 5 inches of travel most of us have in our simulator hardware.  The result is an ultra sensitive pitch axis with little resemblance of the real thing.  While I would like to preserve all the fidelity with real world flying qualities for each aircraft, I am more interested in making the simulation flyable and more like the DA Cheyenne.

So....if you did the FDE on the DA Cheyenne.....BRA------VO!  

Thank you for your kind words. As said, I have added my flight dynamics from the DA version to the Carenado version and as there is no copyright on an aircraft.cfg file unless one does infringe via copy paste and claim it is his work, I would be willing to share the two files knowing that it will take a few changes on your side to implement as I rename texture folders using the reg numbers, eliminate the Carenado name show except at the place it is meant to be, etc.

PM with email and I sent it for your use.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

G'day Alex,

I don't have the Carenado version but have been a long time user of the DA unit. I'm really impressed with the way the aircraft lifts off so smoothly & doesn't leap into the air as so many of the sim offerings do. 

Based on this & being an avid admirer of Bill's mod's I may very well have to add this aircraft to my virtual hanger.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I have over ten hours flying the Cheyenne II and would like to try Bill's mod, and Scott has kindly emailed the zip file to me.  But can someone explain why I need to install the XMLTools Bill mentions in his install instructions?  It only appears that I need to backup the originals and install the changes, is that correct?  What's the purpose of the XMLTools?

Thanks much.

Stew

P.S.  This plane really rocks!  One of the best out of the Carenado shop I've seen.  Hoping Bill's mod makes it even better.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Hi Stew,

My understanding is without installing the XML Tools Bill's mod won't work, the tools calls up some gauge routines I think? Plus if you have any other mod by Bill your need to install the XML Tools, it's painless and you only have to install once. I have pretty much ever one of Bill's mods installed and they make a huge difference in all of the aircraft he's done them for, especially in the Cheyenne II.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007