Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Mods v2

I have updated my previous 690B mod to include a proper startup and shutdown sequence with XMLTools.

Please PM me for a download link. 

• Upvote 3

For those of you who downloaded the mod, there was an error that wouldn't allow the engines to start.  Please re-download. 

Hi whamil77! Hard work lately, no? :laugh:. Please send me the updated mods. PM sent. Are they for the DASH TEN (-10) turbines?

Best Regards,

Roberto

44 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi whamil77! Hard work lately, no? :laugh:. Please send me the updated mods. PM sent. Are they for the DASH TEN (-10) turbines?

Best Regards,

Roberto

Both the -8 and the -10 engines are included in the mod. 

Thank you, sir!

Another fine mod to fix our Carenado birds. You should be paid "shop hour" wages for being our virtual A/P mechanic for Carenado turbines.

Thanks again! :-)

A couple of folks have reported some problems with the mods.  They were easy fixes, so please let me know if you are having problems.  Systems are different and there are some things I don't see until somebody else points it out.  Also, as my AVSIM inbox begins to fill, please PM me your emails so I can create a group and send updates. 

Regards,

Bill

• Upvote 1

Very nice mods!. That's the fun about Carenado airplanes, there's is always something that needs to be added/changed for them to work properly!.

Thanks to Bill for the excellent work.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A question has arisen about the start sequence.  Here is a synopsis.

1.  Throttle in the idle position (not in reverse and not forward of idle).

2.  Propeller levers in the full minimum position (full aft but not in emergency cutoff).  This is critical.  The start sequence will not operate properly if the prop levers aren't reporting very close to 0.0.  Make sure your controller is properly calibrated, preferably in FSUIPC.

3.  Mixture levers full rich (full forward).

4.  Take the engine start switch to start.  The start sequence is automatic just like in the RW airplane. 

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

1.  Throttle in the idle position (not in reverse and not forward of idle).

2.  Propeller levers in the full minimum position (full aft but not in emergency cutoff).  This is critical.  The start sequence will not operate properly if the prop levers aren't reporting very close to 0.0.  Make sure your controller is properly calibrated, preferably in FSUIPC.

3.  Mixture levers full rich (full forward).

This is apparently for the 500 not the 690 as there are no throttles, propeller levers or mixture levers in a 690.  Only power levers and condition levers. 

Note that on a Garrett engine the prop and condition levers are tied together. If the condition levers are in a low position the props are as well, same goes for the high position.

Hi Whamill, many thanks for the great job. 

In my case I have to bring the engine control knobs back to air start position to have the engines spool up above 14%, which is not correct.

Is this one of the possible glitches you talked above?

1 hour ago, Olivier_Moens said:

In my case I have to bring the engine control knobs back to air start position to have the engines spool up above 14%, which is not correct.

What are the 'engine control knobs' and where is their 'air start' position?

Engine control switch, (not knob, sorry) the big black rotating switches on the overhead. The ones used to start the engines ;-)

Positions are eng off, fuel pump on, air start run, ground start run.