Sign in to follow this  
Steve 707

Microsoft Releases KB4051963

Microsoft FIXED this problem in Thursday's (Nov. 30) update: KB4051963 . I just installed the update and restarted my computer, and the Create Window problem is solved. Now, popup windows like Map and Flight Analysis started from the Menu work again. View your installed update history to see if it has been installed, and if not, ask Windows to "Check for updates". Good luck!

• Upvote 3

Did some flights where I could replicate the crash instantly and FSX no longer crashes.  I did have some issues at startup at the setup screen when trying to select my Carenado aircraft.  It would pause for 30 seconds and then close to desktop w/o explanation.  This happened a couple of times before it finally worked. It's working great now though!  Thanks to our new member for the heads-up!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The changelog doesn't indicate anything specific, but the update is available in Germany and I'm downloading it at the moment.

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

8 hours ago, Steve 707 said:

Microsoft FIXED this problem in Thursday's (Nov. 30) update: KB4051963 . I just installed the update and restarted my computer, and the Create Window problem is solved. Now, popup windows like Map and Flight Analysis started from the Menu work again. View your installed update history to see if it has been installed, and if not, ask Windows to "Check for updates". Good luck!

This is great news. I will do some extensive research online and with Microsoft before I allow the update back to 1709.

But certainly sounds promising from your report as well as Jim Young's report.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Well I have just installed the KB4051963 update and rebooted and it has not fixed the child window or unsupported action errors for me....grrrr

20 minutes ago, CYBERMiiN said:

Well I have just installed the KB4051963 update and rebooted and it has not fixed the child window or unsupported action errors for me....grrrr

Well I was ready to go for the update, but looks like I will wait a little longer.  FSX-SE has been working great after roll back from 1709.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

7 minutes ago, ctiger said:

Well I was ready to go for the update, but looks like I will wait a little longer.  FSX-SE has been working great after roll back from 1709.

Unfortunately for me it appears I don't have anything to roll back to as I have already done a disk clean-up.

1 hour ago, CYBERMiiN said:

It fixes it.  If you rolled back to 1703 you have to upgrade to 1709 and then apply the latest update.  If it is not working for you then you have a major problem with your computer.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, ctiger said:

Sometimes when I read comments like these and know there's a fix for the latest stuff, I immediately think of someone with a dark basement with whips and chains hanging on the walls.... :smile:  You can update now Carl!

Submit News to AVSIM

16 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It fixes it.  If you rolled back to 1703 you have to upgrade to 1709 and then apply the latest update.  If it is not working for you then you have a major problem with your computer.

Hi, sorry I'm not sure if you are trying to be condescending, it appears I do not have a major problem with my computer after all as I removed the A2A Accu-Feel add-on from FSX and now it appears that my computer has been magically fixed :happy: no more errors !

Thanks for your help, cheers. 

6 minutes ago, CYBERMiiN said:

Hi, sorry I'm not sure if you are trying to be condescending

Hopefully I wasn't condescending.  When something is fixed and someone says it isn't, to me that's very negative and like a trolling comment to incite others (okay just me) to make a comment. :smile:  Glad you got it "magically fixed"! 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, CYBERMiiN said:

Ok wasn't sure and was almost expecting a 'n00b' comment to be in there as well :happy: and no I wasn't trolling, just trying to get my FSX working again, anyhow my joy was short lived as right after I posted to say it was ok now I fired up FSX, loaded my Alabeo Cutlass in free flight, clicked to show menu bar, clicked on show map and "'BAM'" 'An unsupported operation was attempted' error again, clicked 'OK' twice and there I was back on my desktop. I have now uninstalled the Alabeo Cutlass as well so I have no add-on aircraft (though I do have lots of expensive REX/ORBX add-ons installed as well as DX10 Scenery fixer) if I have one more Child window / unsupported operation error I will be removing and re-downloading a fresh install of FSX from steam :angry:

It is really frustrating. Those people that are not having issues with 1709 should just consider themselves lucky.

For almost two months I went through the exact steps you say you have done as well as what you will do (I clean installed Steam twice). Also as you may have read I did two complete clean PC factory resets and still had the issues. It wasn't until the Microsoft technician downloaded versions 1703 as well as 1607 then he suggested we go back to 1607 with yet another clean factory reset which he installed and not one issue - I have also blocked all updates until I am sure 1709 is fixed.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

It is really frustrating. Those people that are not having issues with 1709 should just consider themselves lucky.

For almost two months I went through the exact steps you say you have done as well as what you will do (I clean installed Steam twice). Also as you may have read I did two complete clean PC factory resets and still had the issues. It wasn't until the Microsoft technician downloaded versions 1703 as well as 1607 then he suggested we go back to 1607 with yet another clean factory reset which he installed and not one issue - I have also blocked all updates until I am sure 1709 is fixed.

Well here's the thing...... I think I have solved the issue now with the 'child window / unsupported operation' errors after I uninstalled the DX10 scenery fixer and cloud shadows, however now apart from having ugly yesteryear graphics, all my aircraft now have their left aileron up and the right aileron down so as soon as I take off the aircraft will veer to the left straight into the nearest building :laugh: I have reset all the controls to default and this is happening with my flight stick and my xbox pad so I am going to uninstall all the add-ons and my FSX installation and re-download a fresh copy, if I still have issues after that then I am going to treat myself to  Prepar3D professional for xmas (early). 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Sometimes when I read comments like these and know there's a fix for the latest stuff, I immediately think of someone with a dark basement with whips and chains hanging on the walls.... :smile:  You can update now Carl!

Thanks Jim will do.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________