Sign in to follow this  
aeronauta

November 30, 2017—KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98)

This update resets all the Run as Administrator settings... be ware..you will notice the shield icon disappearing..this may affect the way some programs run.

Jorge

1 hour ago, aeronauta said:

This update resets all the Run as Administrator settings... be ware..you will notice the shield icon disappearing..this may affect the way some programs run.

Jorge

Can someone confirm this? Wasn't on my PC this weekend, at least not for flight simulation, maybe an email check but didn't notice something's wrong or changed. Also a quick google search only pointed me to this topic.

I have it installed and can confirm what the OP stated.  After updating, I tried to install the latest update to the Nvidia drivers and Nvidia refused to update.  Then Windows 10 wiped out all drivers for my 1080TI and installed the Windows Display Drivers instead (Windows Display Drivers cannot handle my 34" monitor resolution at all).  It was impossible to get into the folder where Nvidia Display Drivers are located and, when I tried to reinstall the drivers again, the setup program would not even allow me to open up the setup program.  I tried to change permissions for the folders (right click on folder, select Properties and the Security) and it still would not allow access.  My system became completely corrupted and I had to restore my system which brought back the original drivers and Windows 10 is working great.  Not sure if it is this KB that is causing the problems though but the issues happened after the KB was installed.  Could be that the Nvidia display drivers program just was not updated to handle the new Windows Updates?  I'm sticking with my old drivers as they work well and will wait until Microsoft figures out why they are making a lot of people upset. 

I currently have the KB installed and have had absolutely no problems running P3DV4.1.  In fact the sim runs better than it ever has.  So far, my only issue is that I cannot upgrade my display drivers.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've an issue with ASCA not opening when I start ASP4 for the last week or so, and it wasn't until I read this thread that I realized it had to do with admin settings. I also had a two other programs (Saitek profiler, and x-mouse) that I had to reset run as admin until they worked properly, but that was prior to ASCA not opening properly.

That said, I don't have this update installed, so whatever the issue is, if mine is related anyway, it doesn't seem to be specific to KB4051963. Those four programs are the only ones I've found that had the issue. I checked P3D, but it has run as admin set as I'd expect.

Saitek X-55 profiler not working under this update, I had to uninstall latest Windows update to get X-55 profiler working again.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Jim just saw the latest Nvidia 388.43.. dwnloading now , will let you know.. only noticed P3D was noy "run as admin , and other of my apps (Spad.next)..

Jorge

Both the KB update as well as NVidia's driver update installed flawlessly here. All programs that had the "run as administrator" attribute still have them.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)