Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Desparately need help with P3D not starting

Are they all active and do you really use 100 airports? I only install airport I use, really use all 26 of them.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Are they all active and do you really use 100 airports? I only install airport I use, really use all 26 of them.

In FSX I would only activate the airports I was using, but in V4 I keep all sceneries active due to it being a 64bit program.No, you'r eright, i probably don't need to have all the airports installed, but then I always like to have a choice of where to fly :blink:

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard @Rockliffe,

I read the entire topic but I want to be sure I understand correctly,  you are now having problems to launch PD3? it doesn't start? correct?

Do you have more than 18 add-on.xml files inside your documents folder? there is a well know bug with PD3 4.1 which will cause PD3 crashes on startup or problems with scenaries / add-on's, have a look at this.. you will need to bundle some add-on's together to remove the limitation.

If this doesn't solve it, would you like me to connect remotely to your system to have a look? we can use team-viewer for a remote session, if so let me know we can schedule any night after 9pm UK time.

Best Regards,
Simbol

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Howard @Rockliffe,

I read the entire topic but I want to be sure I understand correctly,  you are now having problems to launch PD3? it doesn't start? correct?

Do you have more than 18 add-on.xml files inside your documents folder? there is a well know bug with PD3 4.1 which will cause PD3 crashes on startup or problems with scenaries / add-on's, have a look at this.. you will need to bundle some add-on's together to remove the limitation.

If this doesn't solve it, would you like me to connect remotely to your system to have a look? we can use team-viewer for a remote session, if so let me know we can schedule any night after 9pm UK time.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Hi Simbol, wow, that is really kind of you. I'm not sure, it certainly could be possible I guess. I'll take a look shortly and get back to you asap :smile:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

15 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

the computer starting giving off continual beeps and I could hardly use the mouse as it was stuttering and jerking all over the place. I couldn't get out of the sim so had to close the pc from the power button. On restarting, it seemed everything worked OK in the computer, the issue seems to be with P3D.

Hello Howard 

The beeping sounds like your Computer is telling you that Prepar3D Is trying to use your Memory Ram as apposed to your GTX Video Ram  (Maybe)

If your computer runs out of Video Ram Or if there is a problem with your GTX Card it will try and tap into your Memory Ram which of course is slower and will give this beeping sound leaving Prepar3D very unusable.

----------------------

Best case Scenario.........

Your computer is trying to use an On-Board Intel GPU,  Is this possible ? 

Have you checked to Insure Prepar3D is set up to run with your GTX Card  ? 

Also.........

You may have an Issue or a Bad Tweak in one of your .cfg files,  You can eliminate this by Navigating to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left Click on the file  Delete Generated Files  After you complete this Launch Prepar3D and test  

----------------------

If you are still having Issues try the steps below to remove your Old graphics driver and reinstall your driver again at least this way you can eliminate a bad driver.  There is also additional steps in this link you could try  

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Howard @Rockliffe,

Best Regards,
Simbol

Hi Simbol, yes, there are 27 .xml files in total, in the documents folder. They are all in separate folders though. eg, A2A, Aerosoft, P3D V4 Add-ons, SimLauncherX, SPAD etc. Is this helpful info?

Howard

16 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Simbol, yes, there are 27 .xml files in total, in the documents folder. They are all in separate folders though. eg, A2A, Aerosoft, P3D V4 Add-ons, SimLauncherX, SPAD etc. Is this helpful info?

Ok, this might be the cause why your PD3V4 crashes at startup, I helped 3 users already with this problem.

Do an experiment: remove temporally 10 of these addon.xml files (make a backup and place them somewhere else) this would leave you with 17 addon.xml files (Bellow the limit).

Let me know if PD3V4 starts, if it does you will need to bundle your add-on's together on a single addon.xml file as a way around, let me know if you need my help for this, I can connect remotely and do it for you.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

15 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, this might be the cause why your PD3V4 crashes at startup, I helped 3 users already with this problem.

Do an experiment: remove temporally 10 of these addon.xml files (make a backup and place them somewhere else) this would leave you with 17 addon.xml files (Bellow the limit).

Let me know if PD3V4 starts, if it does you will need to bundle your add-on's together on a single addon.xml file as a way around, let me know if you need my help for this, I can connect remotely and do it for you.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Hi Simbol, sadly, your suggestion has not worked. Perhaps we could have a remote session this evening? In the meantime I will see if Poppy can come up with anything. FYI, here is what i have done this afternoon, including following your suggestion:-

1) Reinstalled the Nvidia driver previous to the current release  (388.13?)

2) Set all the parameters in the Nvidia CP. Then over set the parameters in Nvidia Inspector, as how I normally have it set.

3) Started P3D and it seemed to start easier. Checked the correct resolution was set in the CP and also that the 1080ti was chosen also.

4) Set flight, all loaded OK then when the scenario appeared, I noticed Chaseplane had not started. Then when I started to move the mouse, the beeping starts. It seems to be relative to the movement of the mouse. After a couple of seconds, the curser disappears and I then have to exit P3D via the keyboard. Once back to the desktop, P3D seems to be stuck along the bottom in the task bar, the curser no longer is anywhere to be seen and the beeping continues. I then have to hard exit the computer. On restarting, everything is back to normal :unsure: until, of course, I start P3D.

Howard

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Hello Howard 

The beeping sounds like your Computer is telling you that Prepar3D Is trying to use your Memory Ram as apposed to your GTX Video Ram  (Maybe)

If your computer runs out of Video Ram Or if there is a problem with your GTX Card it will try and tap into your Memory Ram which of course is slower and will give this beeping sound leaving Prepar3D very unusable.

----------------------

Best case Scenario.........

Your computer is trying to use an On-Board Intel GPU,  Is this possible ? 

Have you checked to Insure Prepar3D is set up to run with your GTX Card  ? 

Also.........

You may have an Issue or a Bad Tweak in one of your .cfg files,  You can eliminate this by Navigating to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left Click on the file  Delete Generated Files  After you complete this Launch Prepar3D and test  

----------------------

If you are still having Issues try the steps below to remove your Old graphics driver and reinstall your driver again at least this way you can eliminate a bad driver.  There is also additional steps in this link you could try  

Hi Elaine, thanks for the advice, sadly, after deleting the generated files nothing has improved. Here is what I have tried so far this afternoon:-

2) Set all the parameters in the Nvidia CP. Then over set the parameters in Nvidia Inspector, as how I normally have it set.

3) Started P3D and it seemed to start easier. Checked the correct resolution was set in the CP and also that the 1080ti was chosen also.

4) Set flight, all loaded OK then when the scenario appeared, I noticed Chaseplane had not started. Then when I started to move the mouse, the beeping starts. It seems to be relative to the movement of the mouse. After a couple of seconds, the curser disappears and I then have to exit P3D via the keyboard. Once back to the desktop, P3D seems to be stuck along the bottom in the task bar, the curser no longer is anywhere to be seen and the beeping continues. I then have to hard exit the computer. On restarting, everything is back to normal :unsure: until, of course, I start P3D.

Howard

1 minute ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Simbol, sadly, your suggestion has not worked. Perhaps we could have a remote session this evening? In the meantime I will see if Poppy can come up with anything. FYI, here is what i have done this afternoon, including following your suggestion:-

Ok, I thought you were unable to start PD3.

In any case contact me privately around 9PM UK time for the remote session.

Best Regards,
Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Ok, I thought you were unable to start PD3.

In any case contact me privately around 9PM UK time for the remote session.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Hi Simbol, sure, originally I could not start P3D at all, but it now seems I can do so, but can get no further. I'll PM you as suggested at 9pm. Many thanks once again. Appreciated.

Howard

Just now, Rockliffe said:

Hi Simbol, sure, originally I could not start P3D at all, but it now seems I can do so, but can get no further. I'll PM you as suggested at 9pm. Many thanks once again. Appreciated.

No Problem,

Can you start PD3 after removing the extra .XML files? can you elaborate this a bit further so I know my plan of attack tonight?

Regards,
Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

No Problem,

Can you start PD3 after removing the extra .XML files? can you elaborate this a bit further so I know my plan of attack tonight?

Regards,
Simbol

Yes Simbol, I can start P3D after removing the xml files. However, that was also the case earlier this afternoon prior to removing them. No change there. effectively, I create a flight, start the sim, then when the scenario starts in the VC, I move the mouse and then it locks up and the beeping starts. Everything just freezes.

Howard

Just now, Rockliffe said:

Yes Simbol, I can start P3D after removing the xml files. However, that was also the case earlier this afternoon prior to removing them. No change there. effectively, I create a flight, start the sim, then when the scenario starts in the VC, I move the mouse and then it locks up and the beeping starts. Everything just freezes.

Ok,

Put your XMLs back by the time I connect remotely, is the hardware on your signature your new PC? of this has changed?

Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

Ok,

Put your XMLs back by the time I connect remotely, is the hardware on your signature your new PC? of this has changed?

Simbol

No, my signature is correct

Howard