Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Desparately need help with P3D not starting

Just now, simbol said:

Ok, it is hard to believe that Saitek cannot be supported under Windows 10, anyway visit this https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10 use one of this steps to load windows 10 into safe mode.

Check if you have a restore point, if you do revert, if you don't open device manager, find the option to show "all hardware", find the rudder pedals and rollback the driver to revert the last changes.

S.

OK, I will have to return to it in the morning. I've spent all day today with this and I need to take a break! I really appreciate you help and I'll report back tomorrow. Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just now, Rockliffe said:

OK, I will have to return to it in the morning. I've spent all day today with this and I need to take a break! I really appreciate you help and I'll report back tomorrow. Cheers.

Ok no problem, where are you located UK? if so I could give you a call to run trough steps tomorrow.

Simbol

• Upvote 1

Hi Howard,

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

I have only just seen this thread & as I read through & saw what was happening re the mouse/beeping/lockup I can relate to that with in my case the Saitek Cessna Trim wheel being the culprit. It appears to be better in 4.1 however my work around was to activate the unit prior to starting the sim. This seemed to sort the problem however it was a pain to remember to do this each time prior to P3D start. 

This used to happen with win7 also, I'm currently on win10.

I did have the combat pedals which never gave me any trouble like that though. I have changed to MFG Xwinds now.

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ok no problem, where are you located UK? if so I could give you a call to run trough steps tomorrow.

Simbol

That would be really great of you. Sure, I'm just outside of Bristol.  I'll PM you my number

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hey Ross,

I have the same issue with the Saitek Trim Wheel as well. I have to activate it just by moving the wheel on the Windows desktop before staring P3d. If I don't, any bump on the table will cause me to lose mouse control and a ding on the background repeatedly. I couldn't figure it out at first but then it came to me by accident. Perhaps Howard is suffering from the same thing.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Maybe out of left field on this, but I recently went through a similar situation after having my hard drive where windows 10 was installed fail. After a week of shop diag to find and fix that problem; I had to reinstall most of P3d v4.1 and ancillaries only to have the same experience as you. I did try to just reinstall most apps instead of deleting everything and realize that perhaps this created some corrupted files on the new system. After stripping everything related to P3D and all hardware drivers did I get everything working again. It would appear the relationships with apps, drivers and windows 10 is more complex than previous windows versions.

Brian

Sorry I haven't been following the thread in its entirely but.

Did someone not mention SpadNext?  Once I got this and setup my profiles everything Saitek works great.

Hopefully I'm not off topic.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Sorry I haven't been following the thread in its entirely but.

Did someone not mention SpadNext?  Once I got this and setup my profiles everything Saitek works great.

Hopefully I'm not off topic.

Bryan

Hi Bryan, yes, the situation has become the biggest dog's dinner of my simming career! So effectively, I have spent an entire two days trying to get to the bottom of things. Eventually I have discovered the issue followed a Win10 update, which caused the issues with the Saitek combat pedals. This, for some reason also affected the mouse. I guess USB issues etc. Anyway, once I found the culprit I tried to uninstall the Win10 updates, but hey ho, there was no uninstall option for the update, which apparently is not unique. This continued by me installing a 64bit driver for the rudder pedals from the Saitek site. Within half a second of installing the driver, the sim blue screened. When I try to boot, it goes into a blue screen cycle and never boots into Windows. I am now going to try and get into safe mode, which I couldn't do yesterday, but today is another day, then uninstall the Saitk driver from the device manager and see if this works. However, even if I can still get back into Windows, I am still left with rudder pedals that won't function. I will then probably decide to throw Wi10 in the bin and reinstall Win7. Win10 has been the biggest headache ever for me. In fact, researching online last night, it's comforting (kind of) to know there are many, many instances similar to mine being attributed to this dreadful OS.

Howard

Push my nose in - have you considered using teamviewer with some knowlegable computer person - even to give yourself a break.

I have used teamviewer and talk on teamspeak .( not volunteering- not clever enough )

Good luck

all the best

Denis B

12 minutes ago, bursco said:

Push my nose in - have you considered using teamviewer with some knowlegable computer person - even to give yourself a break.

I have used teamviewer and talk on teamspeak .( not volunteering- not clever enough )

Good luck

all the best

Denis B

Denis,

Yes I am helping howard, we were going to use teamviewer but we found the culprit before starting the remote session.

Unfortunately Saitek let us down.

Today I will try to help to get his PC back to operation via phone calls.

Simbol 

27 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Bryan, yes, the situation has become the biggest dog's dinner of my simming career! So effectively, I have spent an entire two days trying to get to the bottom of things. Eventually I have discovered the issue followed a Win10 update, which caused the issues with the Saitek combat pedals. This, for some reason also affected the mouse. I guess USB issues etc. Anyway, once I found the culprit I tried to uninstall the Win10 updates, but hey ho, there was no uninstall option for the update, which apparently is not unique. This continued by me installing a 64bit driver for the rudder pedals from the Saitek site. Within half a second of installing the driver, the sim blue screened. When I try to boot, it goes into a blue screen cycle and never boots into Windows. I am now going to try and get into safe mode, which I couldn't do yesterday, but today is another day, then uninstall the Saitk driver from the device manager and see if this works. However, even if I can still get back into Windows, I am still left with rudder pedals that won't function. I will then probably decide to throw Wi10 in the bin and reinstall Win7. Win10 has been the biggest headache ever for me. In fact, researching online last night, it's comforting (kind of) to know there are many, many instances similar to mine being attributed to this dreadful OS.

Saitek is the one to blame here, they should ensure their hardware works with windows 10, it sounds they don't and we should make people aware of this so they buy other products instead.

Simbol 

Howard I have read through the article and empathise with you.

We are all trying to follow a hobby, but unfortunately require highly complex personal computers, hardware and software, all of which must work together properly, in order to enjoy our hobby. Unless we have computer engineering skills or programming skills we are at the mercy of all these components functioning normally.

I can only say what I would do. I would have suspected a hardware failure, given the initial symptoms, beeping etc. Things plugged in to the USB ports can wreak havok if they start to fail? Same with memory sticks. I even had one come out of it's socket (1mm) and all hell broke loose!

On the operating system question. I have been with Windows 7 Pro for years. I got a new PC three years ago and decided to remain with W7. All the things I read about with W10 "upgrades" puts me on the defensive. I don't want an operating system which interferes with my hobby. Or decides to put "upgrades" on my system that have no use for my hobby. I doubt MS care about flight simulation , more about their big business customers. (Remember ACES?) 

If it were me, excluding any hardware faults, I would put in a new blank SSD and install Windows 7 Pro. 

With W7 on a new drive, I would firstly install my flight controls, calibrate and check their functioning. Then try the flight simulator. 

Best of luck.

David

You can restore your updated W10 to previous W10 version if 10 days has not passed since the update. This tool is available via Window Update section in the Control Panel.

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

Howard I have read through the article and empathise with you.

We are all trying to follow a hobby, but unfortunately require highly complex personal computers, hardware and software, all of which must work together properly, in order to enjoy our hobby. Unless we have computer engineering skills or programming skills we are at the mercy of all these components functioning normally.

I can only say what I would do. I would have suspected a hardware failure, given the initial symptoms, beeping etc. Things plugged in to the USB ports can wreak havok if they start to fail? Same with memory sticks. I even had one come out of it's socket (1mm) and all hell broke loose!

On the operating system question. I have been with Windows 7 Pro for years. I got a new PC three years ago and decided to remain with W7. All the things I read about with W10 "upgrades" puts me on the defensive. I don't want an operating system which interferes with my hobby. Or decides to put "upgrades" on my system that have no use for my hobby. I doubt MS care about flight simulation , more about their big business customers. (Remember ACES?) 

If it were me, excluding any hardware faults, I would put in a new blank SSD and install Windows 7 Pro. 

With W7 on a new drive, I would firstly install my flight controls, calibrate and check their functioning. Then try the flight simulator. 

Best of luck.

David

Hi David, I had a MB failure a couple of weeks ago and it was only discovered by my PC tech guy through a process of elimination. So each and every hardware component is working fine. But I think I really am going to have to reinstall Win7. Win 10 tries to be far too smart for it's own good. 

1 hour ago, KrisJ said:

You can restore your updated W10 to previous W10 version if 10 days has not passed since the update. This tool is available via Window Update section in the Control Panel.

Thanks Kris, the issue is that there is no uninstall option. When I did the update, it updated two files, one I could uninstall, the other had no uninstall option. There is a way around this but it runs the risk of negating future updates. Thinking of it, maybe that's not a bad idea!

Howard

Howard, try this if you can get back into Windows 10:

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit