Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Party Food

While doing some digging for a recipe to make something unique for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner at a large gathering, I unearthed one of my late mother's prize recipes, so thought I'd share it here. It's truly yummy!

HUNTERS' STEW

1. 1 elephant, medium size
  2. 50 lbs salt
  3. 50 lbs pepper
  4. 130 lbs peeled potatoes, cut in small pieces
  5. 120 lbs carrots, sliced thin
  6. 350 gallons brown gravy to cover
  7. 2 rabbits (optional)

Cut elephant into bite-sized pieces. Add the potatoes and carrots. Add the brown gravy and cook at 465º for about 4 weeks. Salt and pepper to taste. This will serve around 3,800 people. If more are expected, the rabbits may be added...

...but only do this if necessary, for most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Uh-oh!  Bill's off his meds again!!  :biggrin:

Is there a salt free recipe??

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello all,

I just want to add that this is absolute rubbish  and totally incorrect .... EVERYBODY, repeat, EVERYBODY, knows that this recipe does NOT work without a teaspoon of Taragon.AND,

speaking of hares, did anyone else hear of the rabbit who washed his thing and couldn't do a hare with it

Regards to all and thanks for the bely laugh

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Uh-oh!  Bill's off his meds again!!  :biggrin:

Is there a salt free recipe??

You could try the eastern version of this and substitute 50 lbs of mild curry instead of the salt... :tongue:

BTW, thanks for reminding me, I'm three hours late with my meds. Seriously. I best go take them now before I forget again! :blink:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Speaking of two rabbits...

Two rabbits go to a roadside cafe, one orders a cheese toastie, the other one says: 'Hmm, that sounds good, I'll have one of those cheese toasties too'. The cook prepares the cheese toasties, the rabbits pay for them, eat them and off they go.

The next day the rabbits turn up at the cafe again and both of them order cheese toasties yet again. The cook duly makes the cheese toasties, the rabbits pay for them, eat them, then off they go. This continues for a week, with both rabbits turning up, always ordering the same thing, two cheese toasties, one each. However the following day, the first rabbit orders a cheese toastie but the second rabbit decides he fancies something different, so he orders a bacon toastie instead. Both rabbits pay for their respective toasties, eat them, and off they go.

The next day just one rabbit turns up at the cafe and orders a cheese toastie.

'Where's your rabbit friend?' asks the cook as he begins preparing the cheese toastie for the rabbit, to which the lone rabbit replies, 'Oh, he's dead'.

'Dead?', says the cook, 'That's terrible. I'm very sorry to hear that.'

The rabbit nods and says: 'Well, yes it is sad, but he should have known better really, rabbits should be aware how dangerous it can be with mixin' me toasties.'

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

While doing some digging for a recipe to make something unique for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner at a large gathering, I unearthed one of my late mother's prize recipes, so thought I'd share it here. It's truly yummy!

HUNTERS' STEW

1. 1 elephant, medium size
  2. 50 lbs salt
  3. 50 lbs pepper
  4. 130 lbs peeled potatoes, cut in small pieces
  5. 120 lbs carrots, sliced thin
  6. 350 gallons brown gravy to cover
  7. 2 rabbits (optional)

Cut elephant into bite-sized pieces. Add the potatoes and carrots. Add the brown gravy and cook at 465º for about 4 weeks. Salt and pepper to taste. This will serve around 3,800 people. If more are expected, the rabbits may be added...

...but only do this if necessary, for most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

Sounds like your Mother had a good sense of humor.

\Robert Hamlich/