Sign in to follow this  
BeachAV8R

Has anyone installed the GTN 750 into the EV-55 Outback?

So I'm in way over my head with this - I love the PC12 integration, but my PC12 in XP11 is pretty broken with regards to some of the engine modeling. I was hoping to use the EV-55 Outback for a 9,500 nm cross country Christmas Flight, and I would LOVE to have the GTN 750 in the panel..but I'm lost in PlaneMaker. I can access the 2D panel just fine, but I'd love to see the EV-55's Garmin replaced by the GTN.

I actually got to use the GTN 725 in our real airplane today on the way to GYH for some maintenance. Really cool that I can have something similar in X-Plane..!

Thanks!

BeachAV8R

Hi, BeachAV8R,

It's certainly possible but it would require to modify the [EV55]_cockpit.obj to remove the existing instruments (probably the com panel and both GNS 430), and then reconfigure it with the GTN 750 (using an existing 3D model and modifying the .acf to attach the new 3D object in the cockpit).
Depending on the target aircraft, that modification can be quite difficult or significantly easier.
Unfortunately, I don't own the EV55, so I can't take a look. Maybe someone else could attempt the modification.

The GTN 750 is certainly a very nice addition. What airplane is that in your photo? (also : lucky you ;) )

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

What airplane is that in your photo? (also : lucky you ;) )

That looks like a Citation, my guess is the Ultra.

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 1

Good eye, Jerome ;)
It looks like it indeed. I just googled it and it looks similar (and there are many cockpit variations apparently!).
All I managed to catch is the Cessna logo ^_^

Tell Santa to drop a big bag of free time for me ;)
I wish I had enough time to take a look at more aircraft. The L410 is a very interesting and capable airplane (also really well done for a freeware).

-----
So it's possible :
aff400d2c649db8d34c450af55b43a30.jpg

If I find some time, I'll check with the developer if it would be possible to share that simple mod.