Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Taxi2Gate Scenery CTD

Anyone getting a CTD when on approach to any of the 3 Taxi2Gate P3Dv4 sceneries? I can start at them with no issue but when arriving and within 5 to 10nm, the sim pauses and then CTD. No errors in event viewer, nothing, just right to desktop. Any other scenery works great, just not these 3. So far getting this at KSEA and EDDM and LFPG. Very frustrating....

Eric 

I've flown into both SEA and CDG in the last week without a problem. Is this on long hauls, or do you see it on short flights as well? 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Anyone getting a CTD when on approach to any of the 3 Taxi2Gate P3Dv4 sceneries? I can start at them with no issue but when arriving and within 5 to 10nm, the sim pauses and then CTD. No errors in event viewer, nothing, just right to desktop. Any other scenery works great, just not these 3. So far getting this at KSEA and EDDM and LFPG. Very frustrating....

This is most likely an issue with the Add-on.xml.  If the Add-on.xml is corrupted and not in the format required by the P3D SDK, then it will silently crash.  That's what I found anyway.  When the Addon Organizer indicated xml's and the scenery.cfg were corrupted, I took extensive measures to correct the problem.  All you have to do in most cases is to open the Addon Organizer, go to the Seattle addon, edit, and then save.  For the scenery.cfg, I had to rename it, restart P3D and let it rebuild.  Once rebuilt, I opened it with Notepad+++ and copied and pasted the addon's from the old scenery.cfg to the new one, save, and it passed the encoding test.  Maybe it was something else that caused the crash but this fixed the issue with me. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

This is most likely an issue with the Add-on.xml.  If the Add-on.xml is corrupted and not in the format required by the P3D SDK, then it will silently crash.  That's what I found anyway.  When the Addon Organizer indicated xml's and the scenery.cfg were corrupted, I took extensive measures to correct the problem.  All you have to do in most cases is to open the Addon Organizer, go to the Seattle addon, edit, and then save.  For the scenery.cfg, I had to rename it, restart P3D and let it rebuild.  Once rebuilt, I opened it with Notepad+++ and copied and pasted the addon's from the old scenery.cfg to the new one, save, and it passed the encoding test.  Maybe it was something else that caused the crash but this fixed the issue with me. 

Best regards,

Jim

Would this occur even if some of the scenery is loading? Part of the Seattle scenery loaded as I was on the downwind but the crashed. Makes me think it is something loading near the end or within x miles and it is crashing. As I get within about 5nm it makes me think something in the scenery is crashing it when it goes to load it. 

Eric 

3 hours ago, Chaos81 said:

I've flown into both SEA and CDG in the last week without a problem. Is this on long hauls, or do you see it on short flights as well? 

Short or long. Test flights less than 1 hour. Only going to, not from. And only with these 3 Taxi2gate v4 sceneries. 

Eric 

2 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Do you have any AI Traffic program installed?

I do but only for Vatsim traffic models. Use all over the world with no issues. 

Eric 

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

Would this occur even if some of the scenery is loading? Part of the Seattle scenery loaded as I was on the downwind but the crashed. Makes me think it is something loading near the end or within x miles and it is crashing. As I get within about 5nm it makes me think something in the scenery is crashing it when it goes to load it. 

Do not know but I have had my scenery loaded, fly around in the area and then suddenly to the desktop with no explaination.  Since making sure all of my sceneries are properly numbered, properly encoded, I have not seen this error but that does not prove it could be something else.  What causes 100% crashes for me may not cause 100% or even 1 crash for others.  This is why I suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide to investigate YOUR particular crash on YOUR computer system. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Do not know but I have had my scenery loaded, fly around in the area and then suddenly to the desktop with no explaination.  Since making sure all of my sceneries are properly numbered, properly encoded, I have not seen this error but that does not prove it could be something else.  What causes 100% crashes for me may not cause 100% or even 1 crash for others.  This is why I suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide to investigate YOUR particular crash on YOUR computer system. 

Jim, is the encoding test you spoke of in your first post in the CTD guide? If not what encoding should it be in? And do you have a link to that Note++ program?

Eric 

In Lorby_Si's Addon Organizer, you will see the check for encoding issues in the upper right corner.

Submit News to AVSIM