Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Gear Pins (Q400)!!

It’s part of the checklist, you need engines off and fwd passenger door open to stow the pins.

Thomas Derbyshire

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks Rob... yeah checklists help :blush:

Makes sense on the NWS...  I was thinking... how do I steer on rollout?  Does anyone have nice formatted checklists I could put in a small plastic checklist binder?  They are basically the same as the real world little plastic three ring sheets.

Print out the checklists that come with the Q400 on A5 sheets on both sides; laminate and then put them where you want them. Thats what we all do

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Come on guys use a check list and look at the gear pins bag. Look at bag and click it. A 5 second job :blush:

Its the mistake most make once but hopefully the once makes it you dont forget again :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

engines just have to be off to remove, you could try that in flight :D

plus  the  door  needs  to be  open  as well :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I like the pins. I like every detail Majestic has added. :happy:

2 hours ago, Ebs said:

I totally feel your pain on this one Ryan! 

I'm also not a fan of having to manually remove the gear pins. From what I've read, the pilots remove them even before getting on board so basically with the cold and dark start starting with the doors closed, we're simulating two of the most forgetful pilots ever! :D 

Although, if what @snapshot21 says is true then I can really appreciate that attention to detail. I simply thought the gear pins are straight up random as to whether they're stowed or not.

The only other thing that annoys me a little is not being able to simply enter a ZFW in the load manager, I'm not a fan of having to work out which passengers go where. I've had to work around it by having a fixed payload in the load manager and simply adding the ZFW to PFPX when planning a flight. 

Apart from these two things, I love the Q400. Flying it more than anything else right now. 

Straight from the developer (kroswynd) himself :biggrin:

Loading an aircraft in the Cold&Dark state has a higher probability of being installed especially if the flight is an early morning flight.  Since we mimicked the possibility of the aircraft being towed from the overnight maintenance hangar.  However the possibility of the pins being installed during the daylight hours is very feasible.  So take heed and be sure to follow your checklist and or verify the the SITU bag has the pins in it before starting the engines and  closing the passenger door.

quote from the majestic software forum

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks Rob... yeah checklists help :blush:

Makes sense on the NWS...  I was thinking... how do I steer on rollout?  Does anyone have nice formatted checklists I could put in a small plastic checklist binder?  They are basically the same as the real world little plastic three ring sheets.

they have a pdf on their site that may meet your requirements

https://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/docs/NormalChecklistsCard.pdf

if you are enjoying the Q400 i would highly recommend the airline2sim videos for it, they are an excellent tutorial with lots of interesting detailed information from a rw pilot

cheers,-andy crosby

50 minutes ago, spesimen said:

if you are enjoying the Q400 i would highly recommend the airline2sim videos for it, they are an excellent tutorial with lots of interesting detailed information from a rw pilot

If money is not a problem the airline2sim video's are nice to watch but the amount of really useful information is limited: there is a lot of useless chat going on and it contains a lot of repetition. And I wouldn't call it a tutorial because not much is actually tought: you witness a few flights with a rw pilot and you have to extract your own points of interest. And if you don't take notes of them they are gone forever unless you watch all video's all over again. Every now and then you see a banner that tells you a real world pilot tip is being shared but most of them I knew already after reading the various pdf's and flying the plane for a week. A complete newbie will still have to read the various manuals/pdf's to get going. So I was a bit underwhelmed, I must say, and find the video's overpriced. However, it's better than what you can see on YouTube so if you really like the plane and want to see more off it the video's can be interesting. For me money was not a problem and I wanted to see more of the plane and yes, I am even thinking about buying the advanced course, so I did like watching it but that doesn't mean I'd recommend it to everyone. I learned more from reading all the free SmartCockpit pdf's.