Right now I have an I5 4460 pared with a gtx 1060 6 GB. My cpu is little weak in my opinion. Especially in Battlefield 1. So I am going to upgrade. But what cpu is  best for p3d. Is the ryzen 1600x a good choice

If you want the best and cost is not a problem for you, the i7-8700k. Get a good cooler, or even consider custom watercooling, then overclock it to it's potential. P3D loves fast clockspeeds.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Also depends on your priorities. For Battlefield 1 and coming Frostbite-engine based shooter games, I would really also consider the AMD Ryzen 1600X, as the Frostbite engine is great in using multiple cores. If Battlefield 1 is just another shooter game and the focus/priority is on P3D, I would definitely still go for an Intel CPU, the i7 8700K as Keem suggested.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I want a cpu that's good in both multithread (battlefield 1) and sinlgethread (p3d) 

Around 1600x's price so 8700 is to expensive. 

I just went with an i5-8600K ($249 at Micro Center right now)  and it's running FSX fantastically. Smooth as silk. If you check some of the online benchmarking sites, the i5-8600K holds its own when stacked up against the i7-8700s. That's why I saved the $100 and went with the 8600. Not regretting it at all.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

So the 8600k is the best choice for p3d? Can you overclock just one core like ryzen? 

14 hours ago, Albin said:

Can you overclock just one core like ryzen? 

As long as its a K, of course.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

14 hours ago, Albin said:

So the 8600k is the best choice for p3d? Can you overclock just one core like ryzen? 

You can if your motherboard allows you per core settings. My Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 has them. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Okay, becuase then you can overclock just core 0 or 1 that p3d use most

I would imagine most decent motherboards accommodate per core overclocking, Asus certainly does. That's the way Intel Turbo works. 

2 hours ago, Albin said:

What about an I5 7600k? It's cheap and in stock. 

Newegg is showing a $90 difference in price between the i5 7600k and the i7 7700k.

My point if view is buy what you can. Don't skimp on something as important as a cpu for p3d unless the saved money is going towards something else that you would greatly benefit from....like a gpu or something.

Obviously, if you are already close to your budget, then do what you can. However, if you habe wiggle room, why not go for the best you can buy.

This is only my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.......a super small grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just wondering becuase 7600k I can get now and should be a good upgrade from an I5 4460. The 8600k is'nt is stock where I live right now (Sweden). So is the extra speed and money worth wating, can be after christmas or get an 7600k now 

I would not go with anything less than an i7-7700K right now. The gen 7 i7s and the gen 8 i5s and i7s are just too good and the prices are very comparable to the older CPUs.