Sign in to follow this  
smay

PSXseeconTraffic64.exe can't start

Hello, can't start PSXseeconTraffic64.exe. Also can't start the other one ParkPosGenerator and VRMGenorator.

Use Windows 10 64 und Prepar3D V4.1.

Please help.

All three programs ... ?

There must be something wrong at your PC,

in Safe Mode all 3 programs are running.

In normal mode without Virus scanner and Firewall can't start the programs.

What exactly do you mean with "cannot start"?

Do you see the main window and then nothing happens, or?

Is there a log file produced? If so please post it here.

Nico

Hello Nico, thx for your help.

this is the problem, nothing happens if i doubleclick the exe. No log file, no process in Task Manager.

But in safe mode, the exe works fine.

I tested the exe with depanency Walker.

This is the answer.

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

No idea, what's wrong whits my Windows.

Hi,

Did you install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution for Visual Studio 2015 as described in my Manual section 1.2?

Nico

Hi, yes,

it work fine in save mode.

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution for Visual Studio 2017 is installed. 

Also without Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution for Visual Studio 2015, i deinstalled it, Psxseecontraffic can't start.

No error message will be displayed.

Only a blue circle for 1 second.

Maybe you should re-install Windows 10.

Hello.

Excuse me for or necro'ing the thread, however it is useful information.

I have run into the same issue, on 2 Windows 10 64 bit pc's. One which was a fresh install as of 2 weeks ago. The 3 app's work in safe mode only on both pc's. I double checked everything. In normal boot the apps refuse to launch, in the process explorer I can see a short attempt to startup rundll32.

All the other unrelated apps that use such features/dll's seem to function just fine. I am scratching my head here, I tried everything. And it seems totally random. I did a scan to check if there are any corrupt files, none found.

Did you try to re-download PSXseeconTraffic. Try the latest one, version 9.20.

Nico

32 minutes ago, kiek said:

Did you try to re-download PSXseeconTraffic. Try the latest one, version 9.20.

Nico

Yes, I tried that today. The same issue remained sadly.

After all these months, still haven't been able to start the program (PSXseeconTraffic64 and neither the 32 bit error). There are 3 win 10 64 bit pc's in the house, 1 one of them was even freshly reinstalled at some point and even then it didn't start. Only in safe mode. The program starts on all 3 WIN 10 pc's in safe mode. But in normal mode, nothing. Double-click, and no error, nothing on the PSXseeconTraffic64.exe .

The PSXseeconTraffic.exe does come with a remark: "Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

Last months when I was in the mood, I tried all kinds of things. Even that fresh install of win 10 didn't solve anything. On neither of 3 pc's. Very odd. But in safe mode everything is fine, on all 3 win 10 pc's in the house.

Edited by Crowbar92

1 hour ago, Crowbar92 said:

The PSXseeconTraffic.exe does come with a remark: "Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

In the Manual, section 1.1.3 you can read:

If you have not installed the SimConnect Client you will see a message like this when you start the 32bit PSXseeconTraffic.exe: “This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect, etc..

Edited by kiek

On 12/20/2018 at 6:32 PM, kiek said:

In the Manual, section 1.1.3 you can read:

If you have not installed the SimConnect Client you will see a message like this when you start the 32bit PSXseeconTraffic.exe: “This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect, etc..

The wonders haven't left the world (crappy literal translation of a Dutch saying). I fixed it. Apparently it was my firewall all along, even when I explicitly disabled the firewall before the program never started. On all 3 pc's it did not. Even an exception for the file inside the firewall file settings didn't fix it.

However, due to an unrelated issue and being fed up with the firewall (Comodo) causing issues on one pc. I uninstalled the whole thing all together and decided to stick to Windows Defender instead. And lo and behold: PSXeeconTraffic starts again.

So for anyone using Comodo firewall and having issues. Get rid of it entirely and the program will start.

Edited by Crowbar92