Sign in to follow this  

GSX: changing shortcut

Because Control-F12 isn't an ideal keyboard shortcut for me I want to assign the GSX interface to Numpad-1. So I did, using the Couatl settings. But now nothing happens at all when I press Numpad-1...? And can anyone explain me why I can also select GSX with an option to by pass You Control...? The manual isn't helpful at all.

Changing the GSX hotkey to Numpad-1 works just fine, but only if you don't have the "Num Lock" key pressed.

The reason why there are two GSX hotkeys, is because on some FSDT airports, there's a YouControl menu, which by default will open using CTRL+F12, offering a choice between setting some scenery options, or start GSX. The hotkey to bypass YouControl, allows you to jump straight to GSX without going through the YouControl menu.

On any other airport, with no YouControl menu, either key will just start GSX.

Clear, thanks for the explanation! I need to have the Num Lock key pressed though so I will have to figure another way to quickly call up the GSX menu.

Yes, that's one of the two default ones but for my setup this is quit inconvenient. I have a seperate numpad on my left, papers like checklists, charts (and iPad) in front of me and my mouse and joystick on the right (or on my lap). So I hardly use the keyboard while I am flying. I can access the F-keys or regular numbers keys but mainly with my left hand: combo's that need Cltr or Shift or two hands are problematic. ;) I will see if I can assign one of the regular numbers to GSX (which must be possible if I reassign a few ProATC keys).

Just now, J van E said:

Yes, that's one of the two default ones but for my setup this is quit inconvenient. I have a seperate numpad on my left, papers like checklists, charts (and iPad) in front of me and my joystick on the right or on my lap. So I hardly use the keyboard while I am flying. I can access the F-keys or numbers keys but mainly with my left hand: combo's that need Cltr or Shift are problematic. ;) I will see if I can assign one of the regular numbers to GSX (which must be possible if I reassign a few ProATC keys).

You need a copilot :) ask the wife to sit there and follow your commands!, hold on I just realised how flawed that advice is...

Simbol

16 hours ago, J van E said:

So I did, using the Couatl settings. But now nothing happens at all when I press Numpad-1...? And can anyone explain me why I can also select GSX with an option to by pass You Control.

Druk baasje de laatste tijd. Q400, fsAeroData, GSX..... :dry:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

12 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Druk baasje de laatste tijd. Q400, fsAeroData, GSX..... :dry:

Ja ja, die Sinterklaas toch, hè! :cool:

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You need a copilot :) ask the wife to sit there and follow your commands!, hold on I just realised how flawed that advice is...

Simbol

If you want a more professional copilot, get Multi Crew Experience. You can also for example create a voice command "open GSX menu" with any assigned key combo. Or just use the built-in Interface with the GSX ramp agent.