Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3Dv4 freezes for several seconds when flying near LA Orbx Socal

I keep getting 5-10 sec freezes when,flying near LA in ORBX Socal anyone else have this issue?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

9 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I keep getting 5-10 sec freezes when,flying near LA in ORBX Socal anyone else have this issue?

whats your system specs??  you are using any other addons ?

14ppkc-6.png

8700k@4.7ghz 

GTX1080

32gb DDR4 at 3200mhz

P3Dv4 installed on its own SSD

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

7 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

Your sliders are probably too far right...

Jorge

No issues anywhere else and my settings aren't extreme as I maintain 60fps most of the time even at payware airports

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Some folks have reported similar issues in the London area due to interactions with local add on airports using SODE.

If you are using any area airport scenery that uses SODE, try disabling that and see if the issue goes away. 

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

2 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Some folks have reported similar issues in the London area due to interactions with local add on airports using SODE.

If you are using any area airport scenery that uses SODE, try disabling that and see if the issue goes away. 

Ahh this would explain a few things to me.. ie UK2000 EGKK and GCFV by MK simulations.  Can you advise how to disable sode for these 2 airports please.  Many thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ahh this would explain a few things to me.. ie UK2000 EGKK and GCFV by MK simulations.  Can you advise how to disable sode for these 2 airports please.  Many thanks 

Go to C:/ProgramData/12thPilot/XML?? and remove or rename the airport XML.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For what it is worth guys. Our flying group first experienced this issue back with P3Dv-2 and posted detailed info at Orbx with no reply - we live with it. We continue have this issue at different locations; just completed a tour around both South/North Island New Zealand; Orbx, P3D-v4.1, each member experience pause at same location fly behind each other - normally there are 4-7 aircraft using FSX, P3D in different versions and computer(top & low end) & configurations/settings except we all use Orbx. Our group now uses JoinFS rather than multiplayer. 

Good luck guys!!

ervski

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

52 minutes ago, Erv Moore said:

For what it is worth guys. Our flying group first experienced this issue back with P3Dv-2 and posted detailed info at Orbx with no reply - we live with it. We continue have this issue at different locations; just completed a tour around both South/North Island New Zealand; Orbx, P3D-v4.1, each member experience pause at same location fly behind each other - normally there are 4-7 aircraft using FSX, P3D in different versions and computer(top & low end) & configurations/settings except we all use Orbx. Our group now uses JoinFS rather than multiplayer. 

Good luck guys!!

ervski

I have the same issue with P3Dv3.4 in several places. In my case I have a 10 sec. pause near KVPS. Solution: never found any!. Conclusion: never mind!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi guys,

Looks like this problem is surfacing at last. It's taken a while but users are starting to jump on board, presumably because they are discovering they are not in fact alone:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522909-p3dv4-pause-not-responding-then-back/

I can't prove it, but there is a strong possibility that the following may turn out to be relevant: 

I mentioned in the above thread that I had helped troubleshoot similar extended pauses while flying 'Scotflight for ORBX'. I contacted the Developer a few days ago and requested a few details. He was kind enough to respond and gave me permission to post the content of his reply:

"The pauses that appeared in Scotflight for Orbx with the arrival of P3D v3 were caused by the continued use of old-style textured ground polygons.  These polygons continued to appear in the scenery as they were intended to look and probably will still display in P3D 4/4.1. However the removal and or replacement of these polygons by an alternative way of achieving the same result got rid of the pauses that you had reported.

Reading through the forum post I am not sure chasing LM is the answer, especially if the problems are happening with 3rd party add-ons.  The developers probably are the ones to solve this problem and if the likes of Orbx are involved I have already seen acknowledgement from them of pauses in their NA products,  for example.  Some Uk2000 products also had reports of problems,  although these problems may have been solved."

I suspect most of us are using ORBX products so it's not unreasonable to speculate that ORBX is somehow involved. However, when I updated recently to Prepar3D v4.1, I confirmed the extended pause while approaching HRT (Hurlburt) from KVPS (Elgin) was present with a virgin installation (ORBX not yet active). So, this may throw some doubt on the validity of that theory.

Someone mentioned 'Black Marble Vector' as possibly being implicated. I feel this is very unlikely to be the case as my original experience with these pauses predates the installation of Black Marble Base, Vector for 3D Bridges and 3D Bridges.

We do need further input from other users. Now that a few situations have been described we can start replicating these on our own installations. Confirmation of these instances would help add weight to the evidence.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

I get occasional brief pauses (1-2 sec) in Orbx regions.

When we fly multiplayer, several of us experience the pauses in the same location(s).

I believe it is linked to flying into dense scenery (towns, airports, etc)

So Cal has it in the LAX area...  PNW around southern Vancouver Island where

several airports (CYYJ, KORS, KFHR, CYVR) are within 50 miles of each other..

No Black Marble.. just Orbx regions / LC / Airports..

Bert

I get a pause of 3-4 seconds at KDAL using just the default airport. It happens in the same place every time. I'm using ORBX Vector, Global and NA Landclass.

NAX669.png