Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3Dv4 freezes for several seconds when flying near LA Orbx Socal

Using Orbx SC control panel disable LA/LB and SD harbor objects and try again. Hope it works for you!

Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

I get a pause of 3-4 seconds at KDAL using just the default airport. It happens in the same place every time. I'm using ORBX Vector, Global and NA Landclass.

Hi Mike,

Can you be a little more specific, please? I've taken off from KDAL in the Raptor and flown around but experienced no pauses.

Regards,

Mike

Not sure if related but I get a 2-3 second pause on short final Ry 30 at KLGB.  I have Orbx SCA and many payware/addon airports for that area.  But if I recall, even with a vanilla install I have a slight pause in the same spot.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

38 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Mike,

Can you be a little more specific, please? I've taken off from KDAL in the Raptor and flown around but experienced no pauses.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

If I take off on runway 31L Just before I get to the crosswind runway I get a 3-4 second pause. As I said, this is with the default airport. I just tried it going in the opposite direction on 13R and I don't get the pause.

NAX669.png

6 hours ago, mwilk said:

Mike,

If I take off on runway 31L Just before I get to the crosswind runway I get a 3-4 second pause. As I said, this is with the default airport. I just tried it going in the opposite direction on 13R and I don't get the pause.

Okay, thanks. Now, after the sim resumes try slewing back a short distance along the same track and then try again. Is the pause still present? Alternatively, after taking off, fly around, execute a touch-and-go and fly through the same geographical point where the pause occurred previously. Is it still present?

Regards,

Mike

I can replicate this pause/stutter at KSFO Flightbeam at about 0,5nm out Runway 28R and down the runway at 28L about 0,2nm with slew or Chaseplane and always when FTX NCA is active.

No issue what so ever with OPENLCNA.

I also have it at New York . I will try to disable all SODE related if its possible

PS!

This weekend i had a flight between LEBL-ESSA (3hour) and sim freezed 50feet above runway 26 (FTX ORBX ESSA) OPENLCEU,Vector and never recovered.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I found disabling ORBX Vector and Land Class when in ORBX regions cures the pause issue with me. Haven't had one in months. Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

7 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Okay, thanks. Now, after the sim resumes try slewing back a short distance along the same track and then try again. Is the pause still present? Alternatively, after taking off, fly around, execute a touch-and-go and fly through the same geographical point where the pause occurred previously. Is it still present?

Regards,

Mike

Mike, I did both scenarios with the Raptor and the PMDG NGX. In neither case did the sim pause after slewing back or doing a touch-and-go. It only seems to do it on that initial take off roll.

NAX669.png

19 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Go to C:/ProgramData/12thPilot/XML?? and remove or rename the airport XML.

Thanks for that I appreciate it. Out of interest does sode use simconnect? 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

Mike, I did both scenarios with the Raptor and the PMDG NGX. In neither case did the sim pause after slewing back or doing a touch-and-go. It only seems to do it on that initial take off roll.

Hi Mike,

Thanks again. That's in keeping with what I'm experiencing at KVPS -> HRT and at the few other situations where this appears to be happening.

So, high on the list of probable causes, the 'continued use of old-style textured ground polygons', as was mentioned in a quoted response from a Developer in an earlier post in this thread, seems to be a likely candidate. 

Having noted this also in a virgin installation of P3D v4.1, currently my money is on a texture element or elements included in the Scenery component.

Also, perhaps the move to a 64bit sim has, in some way, been a contributory factor?

Edit: Does ORBX FTX Global BASE replace all the default ground textures or is it selective?

Regards,

Mike

I have it only since I use P3D V4.1 and today on final on ORBX KTVL Lake Tahoe Airport.
The pause is like a solid 3 seconds and then continues. It is a bit annoying but not too much to deeply investigate it :happy:

Nevertheless I keep on eye on this and the other thread for a possible solution (if any)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Thanks for that I appreciate it. Out of interest does sode use simconnect? 

Yes, I think it does Pete. Not 100% sure on that.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Mike,

Thanks again. That's in keeping with what I'm experiencing at KVPS -> HRT and at the few other situations where this appears to be happening.

So, high on the list of probable causes, the 'continued use of old-style textured ground polygons', as was mentioned in a quoted response from a Developer in an earlier post in this thread, seems to be a likely candidate. 

Having noted this also in a virgin installation of P3D v4.1, currently my money is on a texture element or elements included in the Scenery component.

Also, perhaps the move to a 64bit sim has, in some way, been a contributory factor?

Edit: Does ORBX FTX Global BASE replace all the default ground textures or is it selective?

Regards,

Mike

Mike, As Egbert stated, this appears to be a recent thing. I don't remember seeing this in earlier versions.

NAX669.png

11 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Yes, I think it does Pete. Not 100% sure on that.

why do i get the nagging feeling that, with the fsl being so complex theres perhaps a bottleneck in the simconnect pipeline with all the data from the FSL, aswell as the activesky data, vpilot data, va acars data, etc etc etc etc.

maybe im wrong, someone more techy can clear it up 

14ppkc-6.png

This has been an issue for me since V4. I think it’s linked to heavy autogen areas. I figure it’s the autogen loading innahead of the aircraft. I’ve found it in London for example. As a BTW, I flew with friends on the weekend and we all experieced pauses in the same spot. This was in Orbx New Zealand.