Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

P3Dv4 freezes for several seconds when flying near LA Orbx Socal

41 minutes ago, Jessica Bannister-Pearce said:

This has been an issue for me since V4. I think it’s linked to heavy autogen areas. I figure it’s the autogen loading innahead of the aircraft. I’ve found it in London for example. As a BTW, I flew with friends on the weekend and we all experieced pauses in the same spot. This was in Orbx New Zealand. 

Is there a work around? 

14ppkc-6.png

I’ve also experienced random 1-3 second pauses in heavy populated areas like socal, Seattle, London etc.  All these areas are covered by FTX full fat regions.  I never had this issue using same addons in FSX.  To be honest I also couldn’t tell you for sure if this happened pre 4.1 either.  I run moderate sliders on an i7 4790k 4.4GHZ 16MB RAM 1070.

With so many addons in use I’m not sure where to start but it is really annoying.  Just like night I flew on Pilotedge from KBUR - KFUL which is in the socal region, about 25nm and it paused about 4 times enroute at 3500.

Thomas Derbyshire

Last week I purchased FTX Germany as MSE Germany had to many color differences in my opinion.

Also I have experienced some stutters at specific places.

Eg ; about 40 mos  from Frankfurt , coming from the west, there is such a place that gives 2-3 stutters within 20 seconds.  And then I am above 10000 ft. Near Frankfurt and its airport ( AS EDDF ) I do not have this.

FTX Germany and probably other regions have a custom ( textures + AG ) and scenery ( custom buildings + objects ) folder.

When flying over Germany to another country I disable FTX Germany Scenery in the library.

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Glad to see others are experiencing the same as me.  I'd had the exact same thing going into Innsbruck the other day using Germany south. 

Is there a way to remove the orbx custom autogen trees for example in full fat areas? 

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, tooting said:

Is there a work around? 

I solved numerous stutter and semi freezes easily.

Orbx Socal uninstalled.

Problems fixed...

Darren Howie

I've been quote-unquote involved in the world of Prepar3d for about 3 weeks now. Although I’m grateful to all the intelligent and like-mined individuals that have generously assisted me with my “newbie” questions, I must confess that it’s been a challenging experience thus far. With so many issues, such as the ones being discussed in this thread, I believe I’ve spent more time with config files than actual flying! But it’s awesome to see so many capable and talented individuals come together and attempt at problem solving! Anyways, in response to the question, yes, I’m always experiencing a slight, 1-2 second, stutter while attempting a take-off at LAX—every time. And yes, I do have almost all of Orbx’s products installed, including NORCAL. And no, as others have pointed out, I really don’t see much hope towards a solution anytime soon; these issues appear ingrained somehow, with long-lasting implications. I just hope the LM continues taking big leaps towards improvements: especially in the realm of optimizations!

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

11 hours ago, DEHowie said:

I solved numerous stutter and semi freezes easily.

Orbx Socal uninstalled.

Problems fixed...

:biggrin:

Bert

8 hours ago, ssair1 said:

I've been quote-unquote involved in the world of Prepar3d for about 3 weeks now. Although I’m grateful to all the intelligent and like-mined individuals that have generously assisted me with my “newbie” questions, I must confess that it’s been a challenging experience thus far. With so many issues, such as the ones being discussed in this thread, I believe I’ve spent more time with config files than actual flying! But it’s awesome to see so many capable and talented individuals come together and attempt at problem solving! Anyways, in response to the question, yes, I’m always experiencing a slight, 1-2 second, stutter while attempting a take-off at LAX—every time. And yes, I do have almost all of Orbx’s products installed, including NORCAL. And no, as others have pointed out, I really don’t see much hope towards a solution anytime soon; these issues appear ingrained somehow, with long-lasting implications. I just hope the LM continues taking big leaps towards improvements: especially in the realm of optimizations!

Yup as normal the community fixed stuff because developers have the ineptitude to liase between themselves to fix things. 

14ppkc-6.png

Ah ok so this is an issue with others. I get these issues in the Orbx NZ regions, PNW, NRM and SOCAL. Though I’ve not flown SOCAL in a long time. I use the HD trees and Global as well. Good to see it’s a common issue, was starting to wonder if it was my hardware which would’ve sucked. 

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Don't worry, They will work flat out together with orbx to sort it.  just like the dynamic lighting, timezones, wind shifts, the left pmdg pfd, the London lag, the child window and the VR....  Oh wait a second.

14ppkc-6.png

53 minutes ago, tooting said:

Don't worry, They will work flat out together with orbx to sort it.  just like the dynamic lighting, timezones, wind shifts, the left pmdg pfd, the London lag, the child window and the VR....  Oh wait a second.

I sense sarcasm... 

To be fair I reported a bug with a SimConnet function to Lockheed Martin and they wrote yesterday indicating they fixed it, if I do the same with Microsoft or Dovel Tail I would be waiting all my life.

Developers need to communicate with the platform owner, they are obviously listening, in terms of PD3 Sim development I am just the new kid around the block and they took the time to see and fix my issue, no reason why this should not be the case with well known developers out there.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

I sense sarcasm... 

nope, fact.  issues with timezones, and wind shifts has been around for 10 years   Thats right 10 YEARS 

slighty off topic,but ill bet £10 to a pint of warm beer when flytampa vegas comes out there will be issues with Orbx Southern Cali, Orbx Vector and fsglobal.  A hunch of 14 years in simming.

14ppkc-6.png

each setup is different but for me, removing (hiding) night light files (!FTX_*) helped reduce the annoying pauses around klax and orbx socal, both day and night.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137760-p3dv4-na-regions-update-large-fps-dip-loading-night-lights/

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

10 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

each setup is different but for me, removing (hiding) night light files (!FTX_*) helped reduce the annoying pauses around klax and orbx socal, both day and night.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137760-p3dv4-na-regions-update-large-fps-dip-loading-night-lights/

Good Lad, thanks for that 

14ppkc-6.png