Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Compatible airport map P3D v4

On 5/7/2018 at 11:53 AM, TravelRunner404 said:

I am the one who created and updates this map.

This map guided me to buy at least 5 airports since you've bumped this thread on Monday, which I had no idea existed. Hats off to you good sir for spending time on this, very helpful!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

This map guided me to buy at least 5 airports since you've bumped this thread on Monday

Thanks!  With a complete lack of coding skills I have been quite the beneficiary of other's talents and work, so this was a good project to use my data collecting skills learned in my "just out of university" career.

I wish there was more well-organized information in the flight sim world.   Knowing what you have, what is out there, and where to get it is sorely lacking in my opinion.  I think it would greatly improve developer wallets and our experiences if we had the ability to login to a central account that showed you things like your flight sim set up, what others were using and where you could purchase it.  Little click and drag and an option to buy type thing.  A map of your sceneries and a map of sceneries you could purchase.  Your hangar and the available planes.   🙂 

Of course, it's a wildly large scope but I will say the information is not as hard to gather as one would think.  I spend less than an hour a month keeping the map up to date and I would say less than a week to gather and organize the initial data.  But a spreadsheet in google maps is a long way from what I describe.

• Upvote 1