Sign in to follow this  
RGus

New member, what are my limits?

I have recently joined this aviation community. I do participate in 2 other aviation website forums. I usually don't get that excited over a freeware download, but I just had one that is truly interesting the way I found this and am able to give a total "thumbs up!' I have been looking for quite awhile for an Airbus A340-600 freeware download. Since joining this community, I have continued to search, and can only find the Thomas Ruth downloads, which I have not had much success with, and most are being offered with virtual cockpits, which I am not crazy about.

Last evening, I gave myself one more chance at an Airbus A340-600 freeware download, I must not have been paying much attention to "compatibility" and I downloaded this freeware! Mind you, it was intended for FS2004 users, and I am running FSX,  but did I see that? I downloaded it  and it worked just fine! Matter of fact, one of the best freeware downloads I have ever downloaded! My question to this community, can I recommend this to users on this site, even though, I found this on another site? I don't want to step on toes, but I did look to see if this was on this library's list of A340-600 downloads! It was not!

This freeware download has a multi-livery download, 9 liveries, I deleted 5 and kept 4. I really enjoy flying this freeware and I think others might also. Depends what their interests are? Boeing vs Airbus?

Please advise me what I can do and what I should not do, as I am wanting to stay "in good graces" with this community! Thanks, I look forward to your replies! - Rick

I doubt that would be a violation of the Avsim rules of conduct.

We link to items of interest on SimForums, SimOuthouse etc :cool:

Bert

Avoid linking to payware items.  Talking about them and giving your opinions are OK, but you don't want to be a tout for payware items.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Please do not limit yourself to just those flight sim add ons or elements that excite you. Those are fine. But also contribute based on your flying experiences, contribute help to others based on their questions/issues and your own successes in those the regards, and just rub shoulders with a great community of experienced members, and help bring along other new enthusiasts like yourself. Sure you can appreciate that! And if you do so you too will be greatly appreciated!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Please do not limit yourself to just those flight sim add ons or elements that excite you. Those are fine. But also contribute based on your flying experiences, contribute help to others based on their questions/issues and your own successes in those the regards, and just rub shoulders with a great community of experienced members, and help bring along other new enthusiasts like yourself. Sure you can appreciate that! And if you do so you too will be greatly appreciated!

Frank - I am a firm believer in all that you said, I just did not want to go on here and start a thread stating "If you really want a good freeware download, go over to XYZ.com and download this aircraft!"

This site has a nice library, it just doesn't have the download that I am "excited" about! Reason I got so excited about this one, I have searched long for this model, many out there by Thomas Ruth, which I have not had good luck with. Also, I find out that my download was originally listed as "FS2004" compatibility, but it worked for me and my FSX setup. I will give it some time, someone will come along looking for this particular model aircraft, and then I can "chime in" and give them my recommendation on a winner! I have tried to build a nice collection of Boeing and Airbus models, and this was one I was lacking! Many freeware downloads, many that have failed to work, but the ones that do work and perform well, yes, I get a little excited over those!

Thanks Frank, and have a nice day! I look forward to being a part of this community! - Rick

7 hours ago, RGus said:

Please advise me what I can do and what I should not do, as I am wanting to stay "in good graces" with this community! Thanks, I look forward to your replies! - Rick

When in doubt about what you can and can’t do, you can review the Terms of Service at this link below. It pretty much spells out all the rules of you’re not sure.

https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/terms_of_use.html/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator