Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Advice: Orbx Germany South

I have Orbx's LOWI and also LOWS by Digital Design which claims compatibility with Germany South; so, you guys can see where I’m heading with this… Does anyone have Germany South and if yes, please tell me how the performance and visuals are? Especially, the performance?

Best,

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Flying P3Dv4, no problems with either, especially performance.  Visuals go without saying.......

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I've been puzzled by that claim, because for ORBX Germany South "The area extends from the border of Germany North and extends south to the borders of Switzerland and Austria.", so how might it impact on airports actually within Austria?

Petraeus

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:49 AM, Petraeus said:

I've been puzzled by that claim, because for ORBX Germany South "The area extends from the border of Germany North and extends south to the borders of Switzerland and Austria.", so how might it impact on airports actually within Austria?

Because LOWS is in fact inside the border of GES.  LOWI, however, is not.  Please refer to the kmz representation of GES in Google Earth and you'll see this.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

On 05/12/2017 at 5:04 AM, ssair1 said:

I have Orbx's LOWI and also LOWS by Digital Design which claims compatibility with Germany South; so, you guys can see where I’m heading with this… Does anyone have Germany South and if yes, please tell me how the performance and visuals are? Especially, the performance?

Best,

Very good performance and good visual with my config (all sliders on the right). Tested with A2A ga aircrafts, P3Dv4.1. Noticed an elevation problem at EDDS for now. ORBX is aware of that I think...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Do you also noticed some stutters? I noticed stutter on still the same places for example when i take off in EDDS rwy 25 short after take off when I fly straight..

8 hours ago, Nico1506 said:

Do you also noticed some stutters? I noticed stutter on still the same places for example when i take off in EDDS rwy 25 short after take off when I fly straight..

There is a difference between stutters and pauses... Scenery loading pauses unfortunately exist at various places in the Orbx world... everyone sees them, at the exact same location.. :wink:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

There is a difference between stutters and pauses... Scenery loading pauses unfortunately exist at various places in the Orbx world... everyone sees them, at the exact same location.. :wink:

Yes I mean pauses. There is no way to solve this?

I purchased Germany North and South during the last sale by Orbx. It turned by smooth running sim into a slide show. I uninstalled them both. Glad I got them at the 50% off sale. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It turned by smooth running sim into a slide show.

I'm guessing your not running a TRS-80? 🙂

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

54 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I'm guessing your not running a TRS-80? 🙂

VIC 20

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Nico1506 said:

Yes I mean pauses. There is no way to solve this?

Not that I know of.. :unsure:

Bert