Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

The US Air Force Band, Christmas, Circa 1940...

The United States Air Force band flash mob brings a big band era Christmas program to Union Station in Washington DC.  This is for the old timers who recall the old Army brown shoe days.

https://www.chonday.com/27497/usafotband5/

Noel

• Upvote 5

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Wow! That was certainly unique! I could just imagine my late mom and dad dancing just like those "kids" since they were just twenty-something "kids" during that era.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh dear! I must be in my dotage. That brought tears to my rheumy old eyes. Tears for a bygone age. As a kid I recall the USAF band made an appearance at out local (Chelmsford) carnival. We lined the street and the call went out 'The Yanks are coming!' What a sight and what a sound! As they marched into view they were doing a dance, one step forward, two steps back and one to the side type of thing, in time to Glenn Miller numbers. Fantastic, wonderful, marvelous.

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure, if I was there, they'd have stretchered me off.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, I noticed this "My Paints On MediaFire" at the bottom of your post and my first, quick glance made me think it said "My Pants on Fire"...

...then I had a second look and noticed what it really says. :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

45 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Oh dear! I must be in my dotage. That brought tears to my rheumy old eyes. Tears for a bygone age. As a kid I recall the USAF band made an appearance at out local (Chelmsford) carnival. We lined the street and the call went out 'The Yanks are coming!' What a sight and what a sound! As they marched into view they were doing a dance, one step forward, two steps back and one to the side type of thing, in time to Glenn Miller numbers. Fantastic, wonderful, marvelous.

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure, if I was there, they'd have stretchered me off.

Hi Ron, we have taken many ag groups to Ernest Doe and Sons, farm machinery and to Writtle College in Chelmsford from the USA. Have done the visit several times myself. Beautiful country. Enjoyed the band too!!

Glen Miller would be proud of them. Big band lives on!  I grew up listening to that sound.

Thanks.

Sue

I thought it would hit a spark with the old-timers here.

In a couple weeks I'll post one of my Christmas stories from the boyhood collection I wrote for my grandkids

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Thanks!  Great production.  I've done several "Shares" already.

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado