Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

Prepar3dv4 Scenery Order

Can someone please enlighten me on any tools or just how to make sure the priorities for scenery are in correct order?

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

14 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Can someone please enlighten me on any tools or just how to make sure the priorities for scenery are in correct order?

Who says there is a correct order? There is importance to order or layer when installing mesh, vector and landclass objects but other than libraries or special terrain objects, airport sceneries do not have special ordinal significance.  You will receive a much better answer by asking a more concise questions, such as the order of specific items?

Dan Downs KCRP

That is what I meant, what is the correct manner of importance in ordering mesh, vector, and landclass objects? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

About those airports... addon airports, freeware or payware, should be placed with a higher priority of any stock scenery to ensure that they are properly utilized by the sim...

2 minutes ago, alhefner said:

About those airports... addon airports, freeware or payware, should be placed with a higher priority of any stock scenery to ensure that they are properly utilized by the sim...

What about airports that come with their own terrain layer? Should they also be placed on top, or at the bottom? 

Regards,

Shelman S.

10 hours ago, ssair1 said:

What about airports that come with their own terrain layer? Should they also be placed on top, or at the bottom? 

I would put them to the top.

Hi,

The correct order of add-ons in the scenery library is a complex subject. Not only the order within a multi-layer add-on must be correct but as well the order of add-ons that cover the same region must be correct, especially if not being created by the same developer.

There is a page created by OrbX showing nicely the dependecies of scenery layers and how they should be ordered to make them work. On this page of course they refer to their products, but the principle applies to all other developers' products of the same type. Understanding this principle is of utmost importance before one should go ahead changing the order of scenery add-ons manually.
There is as well multiple tools that let you organize your scenery add-ons to bring them into any preferred order. For example I use often  Lorby's Addon Organizer. This tool helps you to move scenery layers up or down in your library.
However, for any specific add-on you purchased or you got as freeware, the responsibility for the correct order of the (potentially) multiple layers of the respective add-on is with the add-on developer. Either the add-on installer must add the scenery layers in the correct order to your scenery library, or the install instructions coming with the add-on must be unambiguous for you to add them in the correct order to the scenery library.

Best Regards
Frank

• Upvote 1

After buying quite a few addons for P3D lately I am now certain: our hobby has become a scientific job. I feel very sorry for anyone who wants to get seriously involved into flightsimming.

Now were 64bit how much is to much ?

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

After buying quite a few addons for P3D lately I am now certain: our hobby has become a scientific job.

I think that besides the performance question, the way add-ons have to be registered and organized in P3D (and all it's predecessors) was and still is causing the biggest pain with this hobby.
"... I am seeing taxi way signs on the apron ... " is one classic where the issue in most cases was a misconfigured scenery library and add-ons interfering with each other or the base scenery.

LM have it in their hands to lessen this pain -  for the throughput question there will never be a cure :happy:

Regards
Frank