Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way for CS707 [FSX] to work with P3D v4?

I've been searching different forums seeing if the Captainsim 707 FSX version could work in Prepar3d v4 and from what I can gather it can be done with the FSX to P3D migration tool, so I went ahead with the installation, no problems there but as I expected when I got into the 707 the anti-piracy measures have kicked in and there were no landing gear, little to no animations, and a bunch of other things. I tried uninstalling it via control panel, running CCleaner to clean up my registry, deleted the installer, restarted my computer, and then went back to my Captainsim account to redownload it. I still encountered the same thing as before. I know that the 707 was never really designed for use in P3D but looking on Captainsim's official forum, I found it can definitely be done, I am probably doing something incorrect. Another possibility for it to not be working is because of the changes in v4 so this process can likely be done with v3.x or earlier but not v4 because of the significantly different environment.

Porting aircraft to v4 isn't nearly as easy as scenery is, it will need to have the code recompiled and updated to 64 bit. Also, using the EMT in general isn't a good idra, it has been known to wreck P3D installations. It'll be updated to v4, like the rest of their products, it will just take time.

You can not install any addon for FSX or Prepar3D v3 or older into Prepar3D v4 if it uses 32-bit code.  Period.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On 12/5/2017 at 3:09 PM, jason99vmi said:

Or you could wait like everyone else for CS to upgrade it to v4 which the 707 is on their list.  

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1496506789/0

With all of the research I've done I somehow didn't come across this post, I'm not trying to get ahead of everyone with this I simply thought there was a possibility, and as I mentioned I knew there was a large chance it would not work because it is native to FSX and P3D v4 is a very different program.

27 minutes ago, seaniez said:

With all of the research I've done I somehow didn't come across this post, I'm not trying to get ahead of everyone with this I simply thought there was a possibility, and as I mentioned I knew there was a large chance it would not work because it is native to FSX and P3D v4 is a very different program.

It’s alright, we all overlook things.

Weird thread to necro, but - yeah - it was an unecessarily snarky comment. 

Are you the OP, with a long memory?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Weird thread to necro, but - yeah - it was an unecessarily snarky comment. 

Are you the OP, with a long memory?

No I just found myself wondering this today and this topic popped up in google.

and it is still of interest to some (me included) ....

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Sad but true cannot be ported - most of the guages are compiled using 32 bits. The people who did it are no longer part of Captain Sim and the mob that call themselves Capt Sim now they cannot do it they don't know how!! So in short you will never see the CS 707 or the 727 or B52 etc etc in P3D or a 64 bit environment. As for the current iteration of Capt Sim out of Ukraine I have nothing to say but ' caveat emptor'.