Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Slowing plane down on taxiway

Just curious..When I am taxiing...the NGX just wants to fly down the taxiways. I have the throttle all the way down and still too fast and constantly having to brake. Is there a way in fsuipc or in pmdg aircraft to get the plane speed down to say 10mph..

Thanks for any assistance,

Warmest Regards,

Bob M.

Bob M

So if you cut power completely (F1), it doesn't slow down? What is the N1 reading when idle?

-Kevin Woo

Depending on weight, I find it pretty easy to control speed with N1 around 24-26%.  Keep in mind that if it is accelerating, no matter how slowly, it will continue to accelerate.  Hands have to be on the throttles.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Downscc..will watch it....it just starts accelerating and i have to hit brakes to slow down. Probably Pilot error...lol. .I just wanted to keep it in the legal limits of taxiway speeds and not run all over everyone. lol.

Bestest,

Bob M.

Bob M

21.1 sounds about right. At that N1 the plane should be gradually slowing down not speeding up. It definitely doesn't require much thrust to get going compared to the default planes. I usually never have to go past 30% to get it up to the speed I want at a good rate.