Sign in to follow this  
N3366X

Loading saved flightplan

Hi,

I have the G1000 in the Barron 58 and it's working great.  I saved a flight plan but can't seem to find how you load a saved plan.  Would like to save several and be able to load them later.

Brian

1. Press the FPL Key on the MFD.

2. Turn the small FMS knob to select the Flight Plan Catalog Page.

3. Press the FMS knob to activate the cursor.

4. Turn the large FMS knob to highlight the desired flight plan.

5. Press the ACTIVE softkey; or press the ENT key twice; or press the MENU key, highlight 'Activate Flight Plan', and press the ENT key.  The 'Activate Stored Flight Plan?" window is displayed.

6. With 'OK' highlighted, press the ENT key.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks Ed,

Don't know how I missed this, but really appreciate the quick help, was right there in front of me but I missed it.  I also saw a post about FSUSP, I think I will add those line to it even though I haven't had any problems.

Have a great Christmas Holiday.

Brian

No worries.  I rarely remember how to do something with the Garmins and have to go read the manual to answer the questions. LOL :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

How do I load a file such as CYHU-CYFJ.pln into the G1000? The real world G1000 only accepts fpl files on a SD card.

To use that flght plan,it first has to be in the FS9 .pln format as we haven't added support for the XML flight plan format at this time.  Second, the file name has to be like this: MPI_G1000_FPL##.PLN where the ## is replaced with a sequential number from 00 to 99.  Obviously one would not start their numbering at 07, but rather 00.  Aside from that... as long as it's an FS9 flight plan text file with the described naming format... it should show up in the flight plan catalog.  To use the flight plan catalog do the following:

1. Press the FPL key on the MFD and turn the small FMS knob to display the Fight Plan Catalog Page.
  2. Press the FMS knob to activate the cursor.
  3. Turn the large FMS knob to highlight the desired flight plan.
  4. Press the ACTIVE softkey.  The confirmation window is now displayed.
  5. With 'OK' highlighted, press the ENT key to activate the flight plan.  To cancel the flight plan activation, turn the large FMS kno to highlight 'CANCEL' and press the ENT key.

Hope this helps.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69