Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Looking for L1011

Sorry for being a little off-topic, but...EdThanks for those Tu-154m videos. I'm still stuck on FS2k2, saving for a new comp next year though, so, hopefully that's when I'll get a nice Tupolev :-)Cheers!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I have the Aerosim model, and can only reiterate the comments from Ed and everyone else here about how she is an absolutely wonderful model, simply beautiful, just like the real bird.How much the rest of the package appeals will depend on what the customer is expecting, or moreover what they desire from an aircraft addon. The panel and systems are perfectly adequate, but as Ed says, nowhere near the more advanced systems modelled in the more complex addons that are available for FS2004, both freeware and payware.I love flying her from the VC. The VC textures are perhaps not as advanced as some addons, but the bar has been set very high by many developers, so its all down to opinion. This wouldn't bother Ed as he doesn't fly from the VC - his panel creations are too good (if elusive!).As everyone has said, the Aerosim customer support, and constant updates, make this package a real winner!If I had a gripe it MAY be the FDE. I am a pilot, albeit not on anything as big as an L1011, but to this day I still have the pleasure of flying on the RAF Tristars every once in a while! (Highlight of my year! Deplaning from a realworld Tristar is always sad, even if I am arriving home in the southern hemisphere!) ...back to the point, the FDE acceleration, and initial climb rate on rotation seem a bit 'over enthusiastic'...although I don't think I have seen many other complaints of this nature, so perhaps I am in a minority with this little concern!But leaving that aside, she is simply brilliant!Long live the L1011, my favorite aircraft (along with the VC-10 and the BN2 Islander!)Regards,Al. P.S. Ed, you still considering an RAF repaint at some stage?! I know there are nice ones in the library, but just wondered if maybe you were still considering producing one of your masterpieces!?

Hello Al, it would be my very great pleasure and honour to paint a RAF Tristar!But I want to do her justice and as yet have not found a photo of good enough quality. :(

Wow, was a little shocked by that Ed, as there are so many great pictures of the RAF 'Timmys' on Airliners.net, but after a minute or so, I realised that your fantastic repaints are photoreal, so does that mean you actually need high quality close ups of the entire aircraft in sections before you do a repaint?I took a stack of pictures of a KC1 at RIAT 2003, but looking at them now, they don't appear to me to be any better than many of the ones on a.net, perhaps closer, but they don't cover the entire aircraft, particularly the tail assembly, which is one of your photoreal specialities from what I have seen! Oh well, heres hoping you manage to lay your hands on some in the future!Regards,Al.

Hello Al, I don't just look at the picture and then make a paint. I use the actual photograph.90% of the pics on anet have been shrunk so are no longer high def. I need pics of about 3000x 2500 pixels.If I see one on anet that looks like it has potential. I then email the author and then ask for an original unadulterated copy, if the pic was taken on a hidef digicam eg, D20,350D, etc then I am in business.Usually one good side on is enough but if the pic is taken especially for me I ask for three shots... tail, mid and nose resulting in super hidef pics which results in one of the best paints I ever did ..... the Meljet American Airlines paint. :)

Guest Tingoose

"Definitely the Aerosim package. In addition to the many favorable comments already noted, I think the SOUND package is very realistic. The RB-211 makes a very distinctive 'Roll-Royce' sound that has been captured beautifully by Aerosim. They sounds are great, both outside and in the cockpit."Thanks for that Todd. I'm very tempted. Although I usually fly the complex addons like the LDS and PMDGs, sometimes I like to fly in less complex aircraft if I don't have the time to do all the preflight stuff. .