Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

FIXED Orbx Telluride Colorado Elevations

Has anyone seen this issue at Ktex?  I could not get it resolved at ORBX. . .   I have the latest version of everything.  Ran the vector fix and removed conflicting BGL's. . .  

capture1.jpg

Had a similar issue at NZQN, tried everything, then I deleted the scenery cfg and that fixed it. Wish Orbx would use the new xml method.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ewwwww no.   Mesh issue?

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Have you checked OrbX own configurator for Telluride (in FTX Central v3)? They have three different elevation models to choose from for performance reasons. Please verify which level is active currently.

Best Regards
Frank

the KTEX configurator also has a setting for if you have vector installed or not, check if it is enabled. Goodluck!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

THanks for all your inputs.  I did use the configurator and tried every configuration they had. WIth vector, without vector.  More detail, less detail. . I havent messed with the scenery.cfg yet. I know if you delete then run p3d it will create a new one. but im afraid to do so as it may messup my scenery and its order.  I do use the the add on organizer. Still this porblem persists.  Its definitely some kind of mesh anomoly. My aspen scenery did it until I removed and reinstalled it. But Telluride, no go. strange.

Hi Mark,

this could be a mesh issue, this could be a conflicting scenery issue - or an issue with the correct ordering of your scenery layers.

Which version of P3D is this?
Do you use a mesh product? If yes, which one? Did you try to disable it?
Have you double checked that all OrbX products are layered correctly in the scenery library? Should be like this: From top to bottom:

Any non-OrbX scenery on top

FTXAA_OrbXlibs

FTX_AA.. (airports) (KTEX among them)

FTX_EU..
FTX_NA.. (regions)

FTX_ZZ_Global_Airports

FTXAU .. (AU region)

FTXZZ_OLC_FixedAPT

ORBX!OPENLC_EU..
ORBX!OPENLC_NA.. (openLandclass products)
ORBX!OPENLC_zBase (lowest priority openLC product)

Africa (Scenery\Afri)

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ
ORBX!VECTOR_FIxedAPT
ORBX!VECTOR_APT
ORBX!VECTOR_CVX
ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

1107 Base (Scenery\1107)

000 Base (Scenery\0000)

ORBX!VECTOR_AEC

... below this I have my mesh product (FSGlobal Ultimate NG) ...

Default Terrain (Scenery\World) (last entry in my scenery library)

This is how it is working for me. Have you checked the FTX library insertion point?

Best Regards
Frank

Edited by mdata

Thanks Frank.  I will look at the order again.  I do study that actually.  I have Freemeshx NA but removing it made no difference. I also use the Add on organizer from Lorby SI.  Its a big help.  I will check the order on things and follow your lead on that. BTW I use P3d V4.1  And am curious about other mesh products . . .

Did you have their freeware KTEX airport? If so did you disable the bgl for it? I had similar problems with a number of freeware airports after installing the purchased version. It will be in the default scenery folder in the root P3D directory, at least in my version of P3D 2.4 is where I found them. I just renamed to .off.

Martin

What is your mesh resolution setting? Orbx recommends 5m :) 

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

5M.  No I paid for the full version ktex.  Did disable the other bgl's. I might try backing up and removing the scenery.cfg and see what happens.

one possible thing to investigate, that is kind of what it looks like when your objectflow.dll isn't working. those edges are normally covered up by some modeled terrain objects that don't seem to be drawing for you. i had similar problems related to that some time ago at another scenery (the devils mountain monument not appearing, for example..)..... if this is p3dv4, are you using orbx's updated 64-bit version of that dll? i think it was fully released in early november

cheers,-andy crosby

Wow, this is a tough one ...

I do not think this is a mesh issue, even if it looks like one on the first glance. I suspect still a conflicting bgl hiding somewhere. My last guess, do you have MT6 installed? Maybe on a different drive? Their attempts to correct default airports sometimes resulted in corrupted add-on airports.

One last crazy idea; something that occurred to me a couple of years ago. I had added a freeware scenery manually to P3Dv2 and somehow I screwed it up such that the path to the scenery was pointing to \scenery\world\scenery at the end. I went to the OrbX forums to describe my problem because I have seen texture and other anomalies with Homer airport at that time. No one could help me until I detected my fault on my own ... just guessing now...

Best Regards
Frank