Sign in to follow this  
06R

V4 Scenery

I have just moved from V3 to V4.  Seen a great increase in FPS (now running around 80).

Does anyone have any recommendations for either global or uk scenery for V4?

On V3 I was just running REX clouds and that was it.

Cheers

HI...

LOL - just stop at ORBX and you're covered - not to mention everything is 40% off at the moment...

The cheapest way to try it is just buy a region in the area of interest - because that updates everything to ORBX's highest level in a localized area (landclass, vector, textures) - if you want a specific airport - add that to the mix... Everything blends seamlessly within the ORBX product lines...

It gets a bit more pricey when you aim to cover the globe with Global products - but they have that too...

Honestly - their stuff is unsurpassed - be careful - it's addicting...

https://orbxdirect.com/category/europe

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Many thanks for that.  Will look into that tonight.

• Upvote 2

If you fly all around the globe, Orbx Global is a good starting point.. it replaces the standard P3D ground textures by a more appealing and believable set.. It literally "changes the world"..

After that, as mentioned above, the individual regions depending on where you fly..

Bert

I have an old version of global.  Will that work on v4?  Its version 140.  Also its from Flightsim store and I cant seem to figure out how to get FTX central to recognise it.  Tried installing and it just hangs on the "unwrapping installer".

Hi...

You need the latest version of FTX central - and yep should work... There was a license migration when ORBX took their sales in house - if still an issue - best posing that question on ORBX Support Forum...

Regards,

Scott  

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ahh thanks that's great info I just found a thread that explains that will do it now :)