Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Ezdok v2 Or ChasePlane

I want to buy a camera for P3D v4 

Right know I know the Ezdok v2 and ChasePlane 

Who between them is better ?

Difficult question: both are very good and for sure in my view either of them should be one of the "must" addons for every simmer ...ChasePlane has a more appealing interface and the camera view creation is more straightforward and with a higher degree of customization, but in my opinion the camera shaking and motion of EZCA is better, including also that subtle oscillations on pitch and roll axis that every aircraft has even in the stillest air, and in the next build the level of customization will be even higher.

In terms of performance I find them to be comparable. I use CP in P3D V3 and EZCA in P3D V4 so the comparison is not 100% reliable, but I have a feeling that EZCA is slightly lighter than CP, but, again, having them installed or not does not change the overall performance of your sim.   

Whichever you buy you will not regret the money spent...

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Used Ezdoc for years, but when ChasePlane (CP) showed up, it won me over.  Much more polished and versatile, and updated on a regular and continuous basis (since it is still in beta).  Competition is a good thing, and right now CP has the top spot IMHO.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

24 minutes ago, Eziocin said:

Difficult question: both are very good and for sure in my view either of them should be one of the "must" addons for every simmer ...ChasePlane has a more appealing interface and the camera view creation is more straightforward and with a higher degree of customization, but in my opinion the camera shaking and motion of EZCA is better, including also that subtle oscillations on pitch and roll axis that every aircraft has even in the stillest air, and in the next build the level of customization will be even higher.

In terms of performance I find them to be comparable. I use CP in P3D V3 and EZCA in P3D V4 so the comparison is not 100% reliable, but I have a feeling that EZCA is slightly lighter than CP, but, again, having them installed or not does not change the overall performance of your sim.   

Whichever you buy you will not regret the money spent...

Ezio

I'd agree with that.  I'm a long term EZdok user that switched to Chaseplane less than a month ago.  In terms of the basic camera views from the VC, they're pretty comparable...both nice.  Chaseplane's been giving me CTDs on exit sometimes but, really, who cares about that.  It also does an "Exorcist" Linda Blair thing where, if you're looking one direction and then look the opposite way it spins the view as if you've spun your head around the wrong way...you get used to it...maybe they'll change that.  There are a lot of features that Chaseplane has for making replays and videos which I haven't even started to look at.  Also, their panning about looks fairly great using an XBox or other controller.  Yeah, I definitely like Chaseplane's user interface better. 

In terms of EZDok, I haven't cared much for their Active Sky thing.  I may be on the minority but, to me, it's overdone and, honestly, I wish it would stick to being a view application more than a turbulence simulator.  But, the other effects are very good. 

If someone twisted my arm at this moment, it'd be hard for me to pick either other than to say, if you make youtube videos you'd probably want Chaseplane.  I love watching them so that's a good thing.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've used EZdok as it was the only one available, but now their's Chaseplane, and it gets my vote without a doubt, hands down the best one out there by far.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Don't forget that there's also Opus with the Dynamic Head Movement... 

• Upvote 3

itay5344,

I care A LOT about my reputation in the community and it's extremely important to the relationships I have with flight sim developers. But more importantly I recognize that sometimes people don't have a lot of extra money to spend and they may spend what they have based on something I recommended. So I am always VERY CAREFUL about recommending products.

In my opinion, nothing comes close to ChasePlane in the areas of quality, ease of installation, ease of use, fast and easy setup (about 1 minute for me), compatibility with TrackIR, seamless interaction with FSX/P3D views, keyboard/controller integration, VERY timely updates and EXTREMELY FAST SUPPORT!  ChasePlane quickly became an indispensable part of my flight sim experience.

WHO WE GIVE OUR MONEY TO

The flight sim community is blessed with many talented developers, but Keven at FSFX is at the top of the list in my book - not only for his talent and expertise as a programmer, but his tremendous customer support.

I hope you find this information helpful in making your decision.

My very best wishes,

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

16 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In my opinion, nothing comes close to ChasePlane in the areas of quality, ease of installation, ease of use, fast and easy setup (about 1 minute for me), compatibility with TrackIR, seamless interaction with FSX/P3D views, keyboard/controller integration, VERY timely updates and EXTREMELY FAST SUPPORT!  ChasePlane quickly became an indispensable part of my flight sim experience.

This +1.

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have both, Ezdok v2 one week later Chaseplane...after 2 hours of Chaseplane, add/remove programs uninstall Ezdok since then only Chaseplane. Not saying Ezdok is not good, it is very good, but Chaseplane is better...best advice i can give between this 2.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I've not yet seen a convincing video of CP effects.  If that's a factor in your decision take heed.

As a smoothness freak...ezdok wins in my pov, chaseplan is a good product, but the microstuttering when panning kills it for me.

McDan out

I absolutely love the ease of use and great options that CP offer. I bought it just two weeks or so ago and I was also looking at EZDOK because I own v1 and the update would be really cheap. After watching a lot of video’s I went for CP anyway and I absolutely love it. You have complete and easy control over everything and it offers clever options to get things done.

EZDOK v2 surely will be better than v1 but when I looked at the video’s I noticed it still has a lot of those odd quirks from v1 which always made things complicated without reason. CP is a joy to use. And it has very good support too. Those guys are really on it ‘night and day’ which can’t be said of the EZDOK dev (which was another reason for me to choose CP).

Take note that I don’t care about motion effects. 

Chaseplane for me as well.  Much easier to use and set up.

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

47 minutes ago, McDaniel said:

As a smoothness freak...ezdok wins in my pov, chaseplan is a good product, but the microstuttering when panning kills it for me.

McDan out

That's interesting. I don't have many stutter whatsoever. I'm running an i7-4770K at 4.3GHz and I've run without stutters on both a GTX-960 and a GTX-1080.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.