Sign in to follow this  
willy647

[Tutorial] Switch between Chaseplane and EZDok

I switch between the 2 addons by copying the cameras.cfg and exe.xml files. These are located in your appdata folder ( c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d Vx)

Before installing any of the 2 addons, make a copy of your exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Then rename  the copied files to exe_default.xml and cameras_default.cfg

Install EZDok. Make a copy of exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Rename  the copied files to exe_ezdok.xml and cameras_ezdok.cfg

Install Chaseplane. Make a copy of  exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Rename  the copied files to exe_chaseplane.xml and cameras_chaseplane.cfg

Now you can manually copy the desired files or use a little app I have written (cameras.exe) to easely switch between the different camera systems.(I also use SimpleCam - if you don't use it, simply ignore it). First time use, go to Setting to setup the correct path for your system.

Download the app here:  https://willy648.stackstorage.com/s/EI0xOMllDvTECzD

• Upvote 3

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Thank you Willy. Very kind of you

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hey Willy,

Having recently purchased EzDok myself, I like the idea of seamlessly switching between them.  I have installed your Switch Camera System app and set my paths correctly.  I am running as Admin also.  However when I open the program I can't select Chaseplane, SimpleCam, EZDok or NONE.  They are all greyed out.  Am I missing something?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

If the chaseplane option is greyed out, it can not locate  'cameras_chaseplane.cfg' and/or .'exe_chaseplane.xml'

If ezdok is greyed out, it can not locate 'cameras_ezdok.cfg' and/or 'exe_ezdok.xml'

Hope this helps, if not PM me

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Thanks Willy, however I uninstalled EZDok (back to Chaseplane full time).

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Hello Willy, is this tool no longer available? I'm also looking for something that I can use to switch between stock keyboard/camera config and Chaseplane. Would this tool be able to do that? Thanks!

There have been changes to both apps which makes this tool no longer reliable to use.

Sorry, there is no update

I have now acquired chaseplane and am looking for a way to "switch back and forth" between the two without any problems (for the time being). Unfortunately, the way described above did not work.

Either chaseplane or EZDOC is behaving unstable afterwards.

Is there a way without uninstalling EZDOC?
Thanks in advance for the help