willy647

[Tutorial] Switch between Chaseplane and EZDok

I switch between the 2 addons by copying the cameras.cfg and exe.xml files. These are located in your appdata folder ( c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d Vx)

Before installing any of the 2 addons, make a copy of your exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Then rename  the copied files to exe_default.xml and cameras_default.cfg

Install EZDok. Make a copy of exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Rename  the copied files to exe_ezdok.xml and cameras_ezdok.cfg

Install Chaseplane. Make a copy of  exe.xml and cameras.cfg. Rename  the copied files to exe_chaseplane.xml and cameras_chaseplane.cfg

Now you can manually copy the desired files or use a little app I have written (cameras.exe) to easely switch between the different camera systems.(I also use SimpleCam - if you don't use it, simply ignore it). First time use, go to Setting to setup the correct path for your system.

Download the app here:  https://willy648.stackstorage.com/s/EI0xOMllDvTECzD

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Willy,

Having recently purchased EzDok myself, I like the idea of seamlessly switching between them.  I have installed your Switch Camera System app and set my paths correctly.  I am running as Admin also.  However when I open the program I can't select Chaseplane, SimpleCam, EZDok or NONE.  They are all greyed out.  Am I missing something?

If the chaseplane option is greyed out, it can not locate  'cameras_chaseplane.cfg' and/or .'exe_chaseplane.xml'

If ezdok is greyed out, it can not locate 'cameras_ezdok.cfg' and/or 'exe_ezdok.xml'

Hope this helps, if not PM me

Thanks Willy, however I uninstalled EZDok (back to Chaseplane full time).