Sign in to follow this  
BlurryLight

handclaps sound in touchdown

hello my friends

i saw this video:

and i heard in the touchdown hand clapping sound

you can year it at  min(13:10-:13:20)

do someone know how to do that ?

I think FSPassengers has that feature, but I’m  not positive.

Full names in the forums please, first and last.

• Upvote 1

You also hear applause on military charter flights returning home from overseas.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think the tool being used for the claps in the video is called Landing Rate Monitor.

1 hour ago, downscc said:

You also hear applause on military charter flights returning home from overseas.

Nothing like you hear on rotation lifting off of Tan San Nhut Airbase on the back to the World. Feb27 1973.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

31 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Nothing like you hear on rotation lifting off of Tan San Nhut Airbase on the back to the World. Feb27 1973.

Been there, done that (1971). Very emotional sight arriving Travis AFB coming in directly over the Golden Gate bridge.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Been there, done that (1971). Very emotional sight arriving Travis AFB coming in directly over the Golden Gate bridge.

We arrived at night. Remember your welcome home steak in the mess hall at Travis? If you spent much time on Tan San Nhute I worked in the control tower at the Army heliport across the street from the big green Post Exchange. Sigon Heliport.

Vic green

16 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

We arrived at night. Remember your welcome home steak in the mess hall at Travis? If you spent much time on Tan San Nhute I worked in the control tower at the Army heliport across the street from the big green Post Exchange. Sigon Heliport.

Arrived during daylight, no offers of a meal at the chow hall.  For most the only welcome they got were ... well, wrong forum for that discussion.  I do recall that heliport, it was always busy and chaotic..., there was a controller?? Interesting. I worked along the flight line inside a couple of communications centers at the MAC and 834th Air Div complexes.  The TRACON was nearby and I used to visit during midnight shifts and watch the traffic coming and going to Saigon when I got a midnight chow break, the base exchange flightline cafeteria was right there.  Oh yeah, just remembered box lunches with sandwiches made with rice bread.  Hmmmm

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Arrived during daylight, no offers of a meal at the chow hall.  For most the only welcome they got were ... well, wrong forum for that discussion.  I do recall that heliport, it was always busy and chaotic..., there was a controller?? Interesting. I worked along the flight line inside a couple of communications centers at the MAC and 834th Air Div complexes.  The TRACON was nearby and I used to visit during midnight shifts and watch the traffic coming and going to Saigon when I got a midnight chow break, the base exchange flightline cafeteria was right there.  Oh yeah, just remembered box lunches with sandwiches made with rice bread.  Hmmmm

Yes Sir, we had a tower. I cleared a CH47 out one day and he was shot down  about twenty miles out and took 17 American contract workers down with him. I think it was 22 fatalities in all.  I also worked at Paris Control doing flight following for Army helicopters just making sure they got to where they were headed and got back off when they were suppose to. That was an Air Force facility just down from the Heliport that coordinated air and artillery strikes. I was the ripe old age of 19. Long time ago.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

On 7.12.2017 at 11:03 PM, PATCO LCH said:

Yes Sir, we had a tower. I cleared a CH47 out one day and he was shot down  about twenty miles out and took 17 American contract workers down with him. I think it was 22 fatalities in all.  I also worked at Paris Control doing flight following for Army helicopters just making sure they got to where they were headed and got back off when they were suppose to. That was an Air Force facility just down from the Heliport that coordinated air and artillery strikes. I was the ripe old age of 19. Long time ago.

On 7.12.2017 at 7:08 PM, downscc said:

so its fspassenger?

9 minutes ago, BlurryLight said:

so its fspassenger?

Looks like Landing Rate Monitor to me. The video is blurring but the green line message could be the speed and fpm at landing which is given by LRM. 

The option to get handclaps at smooth landing appeared in the latest version.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

7 hours ago, Budbud said:

In my simple opinion, this is for those that want a game and not a realistic flight simulator. No pilot believes the smoothest landings are the best landings, and no one shoots for that "perfect" smooth landing.  A perfect landing is a safe landing, firm.

Dan Downs KCRP

Agreed. That's why I deselected the option.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

On 9.12.2017 at 2:10 PM, Budbud said:

Looks like Landing Rate Monitor to me. The video is blurring but the green line message could be the speed and fpm at landing which is given by LRM. 

LRM ?

what is LRM ?