Sign in to follow this  
pedrotrindade

Carenado Sale at FSS

Also, the Malibu Mirage at $13.95 is a really, really good deal.  High-flyer, great views.  The synchro-soft soundset for it really gives it punch.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Some planes are already on sale at the main carenado website!

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Any recommendations from people on a business jet? Would like navigation, etc, as I’m a wide body kinda guy (be kind 😃). 

Jason Jackett

20 minutes ago, Freaknout said:

Any recommendations from people on a business jet? Would like navigation, etc, as I’m a wide body kinda guy (be kind 😃). 

Hi Jason,

I think you would want the S550 as that's the only one with a full 3D model of the F1 GTN for navigation... I'll hit you with my standard disclaimer - Carenado's navigation equipment (Glass Panels, GPS, FMC) is incapable of performing even the most basic navigation functions such as a "Direct To" which is probably one of the most widely used real world ATC instructions issued... So - even if you pay extra for one of their fancy FMC's including Navigraph updates - this restriction still applies... Now the "mod squad" has worked hard to improve these glass panels by inserting the F1 GTN into a portion of the glass panel as a kludge to allow for real world navigation - they do excellent work given the restrictions they are shackled with - but most recently Carenado chose to add the stand alone GTN themselves which buys your the full 3D GTN model in the VC... Since the S550 is not a glass panel - this implementation is the one I prefer... Your mileage may vary... 

If you just fly canned routes from A to B without deviation - the aforementioned issues shouldn't affect you - if you fly with improved ATC - then the issue will affect you - all depends on how you fly...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 5

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, Freaknout said:

Any recommendations from people on a business jet? 

Currently the S550 is the best out of the box as long as you have the GTN750.  The Phenom 300, CJ2, and H850XP are good with Mr. Pieke's mods (again with the GTN750).

• Upvote 2

For any X-planers, my understanding is that Carenado will be redoing all of their XP-10 models for full XP-11 compatibility as new models with no discount to XP-10 purchasers.
Only the 500S and PA34V will get free updates. They made a facebook post about it

Most of the XP10 models mostly work...but perhaps best to save the budget for the updated versions...

Cheers
Keith

Thanks Scott, Greg, very useful info. Most of my flying pre-planned short-leg stuff with the 737 and or A3??. I don't have the GTN750 unfortunately and it's not an insignificant investment. I'm waiting on Aerosoft to update the A319/320, etc for P3Dv4 and this was going to be nice to tie me over, but perhaps I should just be more patient and hold off.

• Upvote 2

Jason Jackett

Nothing here for me. I was looking for the DO-228, but again - it's not on sale this time. :sad:

17 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

They usually have a full sale on their site from sometime in early December for about 10 days.  I have my eye on at least one.

There is an equivalent sale on Carenado's own site. Appears to be the same models and prices.  I just snapped up the B58 Baron and the F496 Caravan.  The Baron was incredibly cheap and there is what I hear is a great turbo and sound mod in the Library here on Avsim.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

38 minutes ago, rightseat said:

I wonder if Alabeo is going to have a sale....

There already had their yearly sale a few months back.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

There already had their yearly sale a few months back.

Oh, ok. So, Alabeo have theirs in September, and Carenado in December. Got it. :-)

I am interest in a small commuter aircraft like the B1900D anybody has it and is it worth having?

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Hi Folks,

IIRC - I seem to remember a post where Bernt mentioned the B1900 was his favorite - take it for what it’s worth...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7