Thank you Bill

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Thanks, too.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For those who want the original 4-step flaps, I forgot to change the flap index numbers.  Using notepad, go into the aircraft.cfg file and find the flap entry.  The one you currently have looks like this:

[Flaps.0]
type          = 1
span-outboard    = 0.6
extending-time     = 10
system_type      = 0
flaps-position.0  = 0
flaps-position.1 = 10
flaps-position.1 = 20
flaps-position.3 = 30
flaps-position.2 = 40
damaging-speed    = 190
blowout-speed    = 200
lift_scalar     = 1.0                 
drag_scalar     = 1.0
pitch_scalar    = 1.0

Change it to look like this:

[Flaps.0]
type          = 1
span-outboard    = 0.6
extending-time     = 10
system_type      = 0
flaps-position.0  = 0
flaps-position.1 = 10
flaps-position.2 = 20
flaps-position.3 = 30
flaps-position.4 = 40
damaging-speed    = 190
blowout-speed    = 200
lift_scalar     = 1.0                 
drag_scalar     = 1.0
pitch_scalar    = 1.0

You can also cut and paste.

I thought I had fixed this in v3, but missed the position index numbers

• Upvote 1

Due to tweaking the mod for several user requested fixes, the -8 airplanes will not work.  It won't take too long to fix, but please use the -10 versions for now. 

PM also sent with thanks for your effort to make another great looker into a great performer!

On 6/12/2017 at 11:21 PM, whamil77 said:

....on the street.  Check your email. 

Hi whamil! I sent you a pm too, would like to receive the mod if posible! Thank you very much for your work! Best regards. 

Hi Bill.  I'm noy able to get the engines to start using the mod.  I notice that if I start the original version, (I have your mods in the lite version) that the engines start fine, and if I then switch to the light version in the aircrack menu the mod version will also fire up.

Now here's where things got strange.  My pitot was not working once I got some altitude in the orig version, of course, your version has a working pitot.  So I read the pitot thread here in the forum and saw your instructions.  Instead of trying to edit it I just copid the sample file you posted in that thread and then I realized it was the same file already in the mod verion of the panel folder, so I just copied that single file over to the orig panel folder and delted the others inside the folder cause I wasn't sure which mod was causing the engines not to start, but I figured that would have nothing to do with just the Pitot heat mod.  I then changed the guage01 line in the panel folder by copying in the one from the moded panel folder, and now the orig version is doing the same thing as the moded version, the engines spool up a bit and then start doing that i a loop over and over but never start.  That makes me think it is something in that xml file that makes the pitot hea work that is causing the engines not to start.

Strangely, I can start either if I first load the other plane, try to start it, it will fail, then change planes in the choose aircraft menu and when the other plane loads it fires right up, even with the engine switches not turned on.  When the new plane loads the engine switches are shut off yet the engines still fire up.

So the only changes to the orig version is the addition of that 690b folder in the panel folder and the altered xml file in that folder with that name entered in the panel folder, and that seems to prevent my engines from starting in either version until I load the other plane first, either one, and then loading the other is when the engines fire up.

I play airhauler and have the orig version already loaded in the game, and I just load that, engines won't start, then load the moded version and it will fire up and I get to use your moded version with working pitot heat and all, but I wish I could just find out why the moded version won't start to begin with.  But at least I do get to use your awesome mode.

Any ideas?  I also don't understand the -8 and -10 engine things.  In the mod you sent me I don't see anywhere you change from one to the other.  I know I can just copy the old line back in the panel folder and it will then use the old xml file and location but then my pitot won't work again. 

If you are seeing -8 engine stuff, you may have an older version of the mod.  Mod v5.0 is the current version.  The -8 stuff can be removed for now.  I haven't gotten around to fixing it.  You should be using the -10 version of everything.  

I will PM you the latest version.

3 hours ago, whamil77 said:

If you are seeing -8 engine stuff, you may have an older version of the mod.  Mod v5.0 is the current version.  The -8 stuff can be removed for now.  I haven't gotten around to fixing it.  You should be using the -10 version of everything.  

I will PM you the latest version.

Hi Bill, I should have been more specific.  I meant seeing -8 engine stuff right here in this thread, not anywhere in my setup.  Yes, I already have the new v5 you just sent to me the other day.  It's that 690 folder in the panel folder that I copied to the panel folder of the Carenado version, deleted all the xml files in it beside the one for the pitot fix, edited the panel cfg to direct to the new xml file and that's when the engines stopped working just like the modded lite version where installed the full mod V5.  So it seems to be something in that Pitot fix XML file that has put a stop to my engines firing unless I load and try to start the other setup.   But the carenado version was firing up fine before the pitot fix xml file was installed, now it does what the other lite version, just spools and dies, and keeps looping over and over.

I

m using fsx acceleration version, maybe that has something to do with it?