Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

690B Mods v3 .....

I occasionally see the same thing if I haven't done a "safe restart" of the simulator.  I get around it by reloading the flight (Control+Enter on my system).  Then everything works properly. 

8 hours ago, TNguitar said:

Hi Bill, I should have been more specific.  I meant seeing -8 engine stuff right here in this thread, not anywhere in my setup.  Yes, I already have the new v5 you just sent to me the other day.  It's that 690 folder in the panel folder that I copied to the panel folder of the Carenado version, deleted all the xml files in it beside the one for the pitot fix, edited the panel cfg to direct to the new xml file and that's when the engines stopped working just like the modded lite version where installed the full mod V5.  So it seems to be something in that Pitot fix XML file that has put a stop to my engines firing unless I load and try to start the other setup.   But the carenado version was firing up fine before the pitot fix xml file was installed, now it does what the other lite version, just spools and dies, and keeps looping over and over.

I

m using fsx acceleration version, maybe that has something to do with it?

I sent you what I am pretty sure is the fix.  If it works, I'll send it out to everybody. 

• Upvote 1

I can highly recommend these mods to anyone with the 690B as a very significant improvement to the aircraft essentially turning it from another mediocre (though visually beautiful) Carenado aircraft into a great addon. I must also commend Bill (Whamil77) for his support, politeness and patience in dealing with queries and the occasional dumbass question from the writer of this post, who thought he had an inop AP after neglecting to search for the AP power switch on the overhead!

Bill

52 minutes ago, scianoir said:

I can highly recommend these mods to anyone with the 690B as a very significant improvement to the aircraft essentially turning it from another mediocre (though visually beautiful) Carenado aircraft into a great addon. I must also commend Bill (Whamil77) for his support, politeness and patience in dealing with queries and the occasional dumbass question from the writer of this post, who thought he had an inop AP after neglecting to search for the AP power switch on the overhead!

Bill

Couldn't agree more, it's really a nice aircraft now with Bill's mods, one of my all times favorites!

Martin

Does anyone know why im not getting the landing lights illuminating the ground, im using p3dv4.2 and whatever i do the landinglights is not illuminating the ground, they are on, i see that in the outside view, and my settings are all ok.

ps! can i have the 3 mod as well

Edited by CrazierChief

Hi all,

Can someone please point me to where this mod is ? 

I am thinking its by e-mail only from Wahmil77 (Bill ?).

if so, Bill can you please let me have a copy ?

Cheers,

Jeff

Sorry I'm late on this, can I get this mod as well? 

THanks! 

I can’t find my V1 so not sure if I am installing the MOD correctly.  I am coping everything into the Lite version of aircraft. I got sound OK and the new auto pilot on. When I try to idle up the engines they will start to idle up and then drop back down to idle.  I am using Saitek duel throttle quad.

I have downloaded XMLTools_FSX_v201 but have not installed it.  I get the idea this has to be installed to make the MOD work.  A little hesitant to install it so I don’t mess up any other add-ons I have installed.

I am assuming the MOD can be installed in both versions of the aircraft.  Lite and Normal.

Again I am sorry for email but would like to try the MOD.  I have installed it 4 or 5 time with no luck. Currently I am using the Sound files but that is all but I am sure the performance of the 690 with -10 would be better.

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

2 hours ago, bigsky10 said:

I can’t find my V1 so not sure if I am installing the MOD correctly.  I am coping everything into the Lite version of aircraft. I got sound OK and the new auto pilot on. When I try to idle up the engines they will start to idle up and then drop back down to idle.  I am using Saitek duel throttle quad.

I have downloaded XMLTools_FSX_v201 but have not installed it.  I get the idea this has to be installed to make the MOD work.  A little hesitant to install it so I don’t mess up any other add-ons I have installed.

I am assuming the MOD can be installed in both versions of the aircraft.  Lite and Normal.

Again I am sorry for email but would like to try the MOD.  I have installed it 4 or 5 time with no luck. Currently I am using the Sound files but that is all but I am sure the performance of the 690 with -10 would be better.

Thanks

Dick

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz,10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4MB Ram

I emailed you the latest update this morning.  Obviously, you didn't get it.  I will PM it to you when I get home tonight. 

Regards,

Bill

Works like a million Bill.  Thanks. First got to knock your head against the wall before doing something right.

Thanks again

Dick

Hi all:

Anyone knows if the 690B mods v5 by Bill are compatible with P3Dv4.2?.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

In was also wondering the same as above that Edpatino asked. Also, which version of the 690B mod is the latest? Is there a way to tell inside the file?

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew Walker